Supreme

• Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: Jacob — New York City New York
NewEgg
9997 Rose Hills Road Whittier, California USA

NewEgg NewEgg refuses to honor RMA, voids manufacture warranty and delay return for 30 days Whittier California

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Us

*General Comment: Its unfortunate...

Sept. 27th 2013, I've ordered SuperMicro MBD-X10SLM+LN4F-O Micro ATX Server Motherboard LGA 1150 along with Intel Xeon E3-v1230v3 Haswell CPU and other PC parts costing over $1300. First of all, I've been putting together server boards over a decade. Granted, this was my first Haswell CPU installation, but with any LGA1150 flatbed contact point, installation is easy and simple to snap on to motherboard cpu socket. Not to mention installing Cooler Master liquid cooler was one of the easist part on this motherboard due to X10SLM board's simple micro layout.

After completing installation, motherboard produced no POST, no beep code or no red/amber LED blinking on front bezel cover. OK, fine. I double checked all internal cabling, power, ground and pins. No short and no loose screw. So I called up SuperMicro tech support right away since this isn't normal.

After being on the phone with SuperMicro tech support for 10 minutes, he confirmed that motherboard is DOA and RMA needs to be issued. [continued below]....

..... I specifically asked if I should return it to NewEgg or SuperMicro. Manufacture warranty should still be covered but he indicated that NewEgg should send out RMA replacement much faster than SuperMicro, so he advised me to send it out to NewEgg.

A day later, I had to undo assembly, gave a general inspection, packed motherboard with cpu socket protection cover in the original motherboard box and sent it out without sata cables and screws (there were too many screws laying around and figured I will need sata cable after RMA replacement arrives which may not have sata cables included).

Sept. 5th, RMA was issued.

Sept. 11th, RMA recieved by NewEgg.

Sept. 13th, RMA is damaged.

I was surprised and called up NewEgg for clarification and got a hold on rep claiming that motherboard cpu socket pin was bent and damaged. I wanted a proof that it was damaged and request for picture of the board. NewEgg rep claimed her supervisor will request RMA to take picture and send it to me via email within a week.

1 weeks passed, no word on proof from RMA department. I called NewEgg regarding RMA and proof. I couldn't reach the supervisor who was assigned to my RMA request and I got bump to another supervisor,Thomas Ramirez. I retold the story and he assured he'll get me that requested picture.

Another week passed, no picture, no RMA status. This time, I emailed and waited a day and Thomas got back to me with picture of motherboard cpu socket with several bent pins. I thought, this can't be my motherboard. So I asked for motherboard to be return ASAP to me so I can check for serial number on motherboard.

Request to send back the motherboard was on Sept. 23rd.

After 2 separate request to send back RMA, and after delay after delay of email saying;

"If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days."

A very not so helpful email from "Paige" the customer service keep replying with email saying I need to read FAQ page and wait for RMA because NewEgg already took money out of credit card, took my merchandise. So I just need to go away.

Oh, my favorite quote from NewEgg customer service agent who told me this. "If NewEgg replaced your motherboard, NewEgg would loose money."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 06:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NewEgg/Whittier-California-90601/NewEgg-NewEgg-refuses-to-honor-RMA-voids-manufacture-warranty-and-delay-return-for-30-da-1090220. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NewEgg

Please Contact Us

AUTHOR: Newegg_Support - ()

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your return.

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us an email at wecare@newegg.com and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Newegg Support

#2 General Comment

Its unfortunate...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Thats the problem with ordering online. You have to put your product into too many hands to handle it in order to either send or recieve. Its more then likely that your return was damaged in-transit on both times. I know from my own experiences with the major shipping companies, they are not gentle with your packages. I send out roughly 30-40 packages a week and recieve triple that. I could tell you horror stories about the state some of my packages are recieved in. Sometimes the boxes exterior looks fine but when you open it up the contents are damaged.

Newegg is correct in saying that they would lose money sending you another part. Had you been able to return your product in the like new condition they expect you would have gotten a refund. But you went with the cheaper alternative by shopping online and you accept the consiquences of doing so. In this case, your product was damaged, so new egg CAN NOT refund your money, they can not send you a new item. You will have to redeem your manufacturer warrenty on this one.