Complaint Review: nextcard merrick bank

• Submitted: Tue, January 21, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, January 21, 2003

• Reported By:colbert Oklahoma
nextcard merrick bank
www.merrickbank.com draper, Utah U.S.A.

nextcard merrick bank ripoff deceptive company fradulent billing draper Utah

I had gotten a credit card through next card to reestablish my credit. We cancelled the card in July 2002 and they told us that the remaining bill would be $50 after they back off the renewal fee. My wife went on line to pay the amount owed and she could not make the payment online so we waited for a statement and nothing came.

Then this company started calling saying they are Merrick Bank and that we owed them money and to give them our checking account number. I told them that I did not know who they were and that I do not give out information about my checking account. They then told me that they had taken over the Nextcard Company. I told them that I was not aware of such a move. They told me that was not their problem and that I need to pay them $250. I told them until I receive some notification that this all above board and not a con-artist game then I will pay them the $50 that nextcard said that I owed.

This has been going on since September of 2002. I still have not received any notification about the take over and they are charging the account off and that I owe now almost $700. I thought that by law any company that is selling an account that they hold must notify the costumer? This is nothing more than fleecing the costumer.

When you talk to anyone they are rude. I have told them over and over again that until I get some letter that Merrick bank has legally taken over Nextcard they will not get any thing from me.

I would be very interested in filing a class action suit against them for destroying my credit, costumer harassment and violation of the consumer fair credit-reporting act.

Randall
colbert, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2003 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/nextcard-merrick-bank/draper-Utah-84020-5000/nextcard-merrick-bank-ripoff-deceptive-company-fradulent-billing-draper-Utah-42245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on nextcard merrick bank