Complaint Review: nextmark.com / ConsumerBase

• Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: Ashley — Sydney, Australia Other
nextmark.com / ConsumerBase
Jefferson Street, Chicago Il Chicago, Illinois United States of America

nextmark.com / ConsumerBase Consumer Base / nextmark.com Email Marketing List Vendor SCAM REVIEW. No results. Bogus. Beware. Chicago, Illinois

Dear readers,

I used nextmark.com which operates as ConsumerBase for my first email marketing campaign.

I phoned them and was put through to the VP of sales - a slick talking guy - who said YEAH we can definitely help you, and provided some fantastic sounding open and click through rates.

$500 was debited from my credit card within 5 minutes of getting off the phone.

So I sent my Word doc and a Notepad doc so they could get a feel for the basic outline of the ad (the template).

I  hear back from them a week later saying that I need to have my copy formatted to html - that'l be another $150 - OK.

A few days later I check my back office to preview the ad copy - mistakes - so I reject it and provide the corrections.

The next copy is available in another few days. Few days! I'm trying to run a business here!

Again, the copy comes back with more mistakes - this time including spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and also they didn't follow my instructions to add a bullet point to a particular line. So I again reject it.

This happens a few more times and one month goes by - ad still hasn't run!

I send an email to the VP to tell him of the absolute unprofessional copy's that I had been sent - a school kid could've done better!

Then the VP email's me back saying that I've insulted the person in Client Services (formatting dept.) and says he that If I don't like it then he's going to take my money and then give me the email addresses so I can send them myself!

WTF!!!

I'm not sending them out myself: I don't have the software and that's NOT what I am paying for. ConsumerBase is getting paid to send them out!

What a vulgar display of arrogance!

After nearly six weeks, my ad goes out. I'm supposed to be informed of when as I had wanted a particular day.

For a total of $650...

I did not get a single Opt in! Not a single one! $650 gone and nothing to show for it.

They are the most unprofessional company I have dealt with to date!

DO NOT DEAL WITH NEXTMARK.COM / CONSUMERBASE - BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/nextmarkcom-ConsumerBase/Chicago-Illinois-/nextmarkcom-ConsumerBase-Consumer-Base-nextmarkcom-Email-Marketing-List-Vendor-SCAM-1044713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on nextmark.com / ConsumerBase