• Report: #1120051

• Submitted: Sat, February 01, 2014
  • Updated: Sat, February 01, 2014

• Reported By: Consumer — Kent, Washington
Nextwarehouse
, ATTN: TECHNICAL / RMA DEPARTMENT 220 REESE ROAD STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania USA

Nextwarehouse Nextwarehouse Return Refund Policy Slow Refund STATE COLLEGE Pennsylvania

I purchased a Blu-Ray portable disc player in December 2013. The price was competitive and the shipping cost was very reasonable. It arrived in good order but I experienced a problem with the battery in the remote going dead after a few hours and the picture shifting on the display to the left after being paused for a short time. The remote was required to navigate disc menus because the player only offered basic play, stop and set up buttons. I used 3 batteries during 2 days of use for only a few hours each day so I contacted the technical support and requested to return the player for a refund.

I was issued a RMA number for return and told I had to reference the number or it would not be accepted for return. In addition the RMA number was only good for 6 days and I should send it back immediately, purchase insurance, email the tracking number to the return department and send it back with all the original packaging. It also stated the packaging should be undamaged and everything included. Everything included ended up costing me $27.00 to send back and the player was received a few days later at Nextwarehouse the first week of January 2014. I contacted their support a little more then a week later and told they were behind schedule with returns and the refund should be completed within a week. More then a week later I contacted them again and told the refund would be issued within 5 days. I received a refund for the original cost plus original shipping on 1/31/14.

While I was able to return the defective player and get the original cost back it did cost my $27.00 to comply with their requirements. It also cost me more than 3 weeks, 25 days to get my refund credited back to my credit card.

Items prices and shipping charges are competitive at Nestwarehouse but please consider if the item you’re ordering ends up needing to be returned are you willing to spend a lot for return shipping, insurance, tracking and making sure all the original packaging is undamaged in complete to return it and get a refund nearly a month after they receive it at their returns department.

While I did eventually get a refund it took an excessive amount of time and cost quite a bit of money to return it per their policy. You would probably be better off paying a few dollars more purchasing from a more reliable company that doesn’t have so many restrictions for returns and won’t take so long to process them. I would not recommend Nestwarehouse to anyone based on my poor experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2014 04:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nextwarehouse/STATE-COLLEGE-Pennsylvania-16801/Nextwarehouse-Nextwarehouse-Return-Refund-Policy-Slow-Refund-STATE-COLLEGE-Pennsylvania-1120051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nextwarehouse