Complaint Review: Nick's Meats and Grocery

• Reported By: Debra — Rockwall Texas
Nick's Meats and Grocery
103 W Front St Hayward, Minnesota USA

Nick's Meats and Grocery Shipping Ripoff! Hayward Minnesota

I ordered product from Nick's Meats on 12/11/2013. I knew I would pay more for shipping because it was a food product. When Cheryl Enderson from Nick's Meats called to inform me that had shipped my product she also informed me of the total. My product cost $93 and they charged me $140 to ship it. When I checked with FEDEX online it should of been around $70. I contacted Cheryl Enderson on 12/23/2013 in email and it took her 4 days to get back to me. Considering it took her one day to get back to me on how to order the product. She of course did not take the blame and instead blamed it on Total Choice Shipping out of Albert Lea MN. This company seems to be running a sweet little scam along with Total Choice Shipping. They do not inform their customers of shipping charges, then when customer complains they say it's not them it's the other guy. When I asked for a receipt from Cheryl she sent me a hand written receipt. [continued below]....

..... When I asked for a receipt from Total Choice Shipping I was informed that they did not have one. The only thing I can surmise is that they charge extra to "hand the package to the FEDEX guy".

This business has been around for a long time. That was why I ordered their product. We used to live close to them and my husband likes their beef jerky. But seeing how they cheat customers I will never do business with them again. If they have no problem cheating customers in shipping, what else are they cheating customers with?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nicks-Meats-and-Grocery/Hayward-Minnesota-56043/Nicks-Meats-and-Grocery-Shipping-Ripoff-Hayward-Minnesota-1111616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nick's Meats and Grocery