scared

• Updated: Wed, May 22, 2013

• Reported By: Marylou — Lowell Indiana
Nipsco
801 E 86th Ave Merrillville, Indiana, 46410 Merrillville, Indiana USA

Nipsco Nipsco changed my credit agreement without letting me know and rebilled me from the day I moved in till present date. Merrillville Indiana

I moved into a two bedroom apartment on Feb 7 and Nipsco did turn on service on that date. I was put on a budget with Nipsco because I am low income with a child under the age of 2. I got behind on my bill so I called to see what they could do to help me and that's where my nightmare began. First they put me on a credit agreement of $43 till I got caught up with what I owed and I had to pay my other current bills on time. From Feb 7 till April 24 they claim that I used over $263 in electric only which I have no idea how since I keep everything off and unplugged unless I have to use it except the stove and refrigerator. They also told me about programs that could help me pay what I owe to get back on track.

I contacted them again on May 1 to let them know that I missed the cutoff date for utility assistance. They told me that they had to redo my credit agreement because they did not bill me for one month and billed me wrong for another month. They told me that my bill was $714 from the day I moved in till the present day. My credit agreement would be $100 and what my current charges would be when I got my next bill in june. I have no idea what they did because they never came out to read my meter, they just went by prior customers bills here at the apartment. There is noway that I have used that much in electric since I have been here. I don't know what to do but it sounds like Nipsco is trying to take advantage of a single mom.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2013 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nipsco/Merrillville-Indiana-46411/Nipsco-Nipsco-changed-my-credit-agreement-without-letting-me-know-and-rebilled-me-from-t-1052998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nipsco