Complaint Review: NIPSCO/NiSource

• Submitted: Tue, September 14, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2010

• Reported By: MN — Winona Lake Indiana U.S.A.
NIPSCO/NiSource
801 E. 86th Ave. merrillville, Indiana United States of America

NIPSCO/NiSource NIPSCO provides itself authorization to restore power (against my request) and then sends me a bill merrillville, Indiana

The title above pretty much says it all. NIPSCO notified me they were restoring power to my dwelling, to which I objected. After continued objection they disconnected the power that I never requested be turned on.

They then sent me three bills totally $21 of which $18 was service charges.

I contacted the URC (Utility regulatory Commission) the agency that is supposed to ensure that utilities that are monopolies are not trampling the rights of individuals among otherthings and have not recevied any communication back.

The only way that this will stop is when NIPSCO is not allowed to be a monopoly. When consumers have a choice, they can vote by taking their business elsewhere. Until all of us vote to break up this monopoly and allow consumer's choice nothing will change.

They will continue to tell us that it will make the bills higher, I would argue for one example in history where regulation was a more effective means of controlling costs or improving service over competition.

Please start a petition in your local area calling for change, requesting consumers be allowed to have a choice of utility providers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2010 02:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NIPSCONiSource/merrillville-Indiana-/NIPSCONiSource-NIPSCO-provides-itself-authorization-to-restore-power-against-my-request-640341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NIPSCO/NiSource