Complaint Review: Nissan

• Updated: Mon, March 10, 2014

• Reported By: Jessie — Vacaville California
Nissan
671 Orange Dr. Vacaville, California USA

Nissan (Christian Jessen) LIED and put our family in DANGER. Then continues to LIE and SCAM us. Very SHADY buisness and the people who work there. Vacaville California

*Author of original report: Seriously!

*Consumer Comment: Wow...what a drama queen

So my story begins on 3/1/2014 when my husband and I walk into the Nissan dealership to look at the mini vans they had. We spotted the 2007 Honda Odyssey and test drove it. We loved it! So we went in and started the negotiations.

We had a 2005 GMC Sierra to trade in and we would finance the rest. So Christian Jessen one of the sales managers is who we delt with basically the whole time. He brought in the carfax and I noticed it had said there was some recalls. I straight up asked Christian I about those. He said "Any and all recalls would have been fixed and taken care of".

Okay then we we're ready to purchase the van.  We drove it home that night. Thursday night 3/6/2014 I just had a bad feeling and looked up 2007 Honda Odyssey recalls.

Lo and behold there was one that was released 11/2013. That called for 344,000 Odysseys to be fixed. Mine was one of them. This isn't some minor recall like a headlight. It was some malfunction that when driving on the freeway it could just automatically slam on the breaks. Therefore possibly causing a horrible accident. Putting my children and others at risk.

Honda has not yet released the parts for this recall yet so it can't be fixed yet!! I called Honda and they said possibly at the end of the month. There is instructions on how to start the car making sure tires are straight and all this other stuff to do two that it won't happen while on the freeway. Well Honda itself told me it was not a guarantee that it wouldn't happen even when folowing those instructions.

Obviously I am furious that they didn't care about the lives of my family and lied to us just to get the sale. I didn't feel safe driving my kids or my childcare kids around. I called on 3/7/2014 asked to speak with a manager. Finally someone calls me back. I tell him the situation and try to get him to understand the seriosness this situation. He then asked "well did this happen to you"? I then replied no, I don't feel comfortable driving it on the freeway. He then says he needs to call me back.

So I waited for my husband to get home from work. We went down there around 4pm on 3/7 and asked to see a manager. This lady comes over Sandy I believe was her name. She had the carfax in her hand obviously already knew who we were. Told her the same story and right away said they would take the van back. I think great, they know they are in the wrong.

She did make excuses for her follow manager Christian Jessen. Saying he would never purposely tell us a lie. I then said that's what you guys do for a living.

We did notice our truck was still sitting right there. We said great we will take our truck back and you get your van back. She then said oh sorry the truck has been sold. It's a done deal papers have already been signed and everything.  Well first off I really believe the truck had not been sold At that point. They would not show us anything stating it had been sold.

She told us they will give us back the $7100 they gave us for our truck. I said no you need to give us what you sold it for. They obviously would have sold it for at least $1500 or more over what they paid us. I believe they should absolutely not be able to make any $ on this now null and void deal.

They are the ones who lied us knowing that know one with family would purchase a vehicle that could possibly seriously harm them or worse kill them. They get there van back so we should either get our truck or what they sold it for.

We continued to argued and felt defeated at that point. So just okay here's your van we will take  our $7100. So they get the keys and then tell me that I can pick up the check on 3/11/2014. Wow how is that?? They get their vehicle back on 3/7 and we have to leave with no vehicle and no $$$ til the following week. Something is not right here.

These people/business should not get away with screwing people for a living. There is no way they should get anything out of this void deal. Yet they are! They are thieves in my book. They lie and cheat honest hard working people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 02:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nissan/Vacaville-California-95688/Nissan-Christian-Jessen-LIED-and-put-our-family-in-DANGER-Then-continues-to-LIE-and-SC-1129652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nissan

Seriously!

AUTHOR: Jessie - ()

"Robert"- we all know who you really are! First off I still don't have my $7100 and they have their van back. So how fair is that? Second, everyone I have spoke to and asked advice about this situation (including a lawyer) have told me I'm 100% right.

Wow...what a drama queen

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

First of all this Recall you are so worried about has no crashes or injuries reported because of the condition.  If you read further, you will find that the recall is a result of 22 incidents being reported.  Now, I am not minimizing the incident after all Honda feels it is serious enough to recall the items, I am just putting this in perspective.  After all this was 22 vehicles out of 344,000 vehicles.

But it gets better.  You go to them to return the vehicle...you bought AS-IS by the way.  Then you get them to actually agree to just cancel the deal.  But you don't stop there.

- Are you serious?  You actually want them to pay you what they sold the car for which in your mind is at least $1500 more.   Well let me ask you this.  If they give you the estimated $8600, you are right they have now "broken even".  Oh wait...how did they get that other $8600?  That's right someone paid them $8600 for your old car, and they are going to want their money back..oh and they are not going to want just $7100 back, they are going to want everything that they paid.  So now your "they should get nothing out of the deal" turns into a $1500+ loss even by your estimate.  Oh and where does the + come from.  Well I would bet that they at least did some minor service on it, they probably even washed and detailed it.  Not even to mention all of the paperwork they have had to file on that car and the Mini-Van you bought.

Look in the end you actually have no proof that they knew about this specific recall.  You also have no proof that all possible recalls would have been taken care of, but remember this one even Honda isn't able to fix them yet.

Now, I am sure you would come back here saying I am some sort of employee of this company..NOPE.  I do not now or ever have worked for any dealer.