Complaint Review: nitroapplianceparts.com

• Updated: Sat, February 22, 2014

• Reported By: JimothySmith — Austin Texas
nitroapplianceparts.com
Internet USA

nitroapplianceparts.com Standard Internet Scam. Charges credit card. Doesn't ship item. Uses stall tactics to keep money.  Internet

These days it's imperative to purchase from internet retailers with actual online feedback. Unfortunately, I broke my own rule by purchasing from nitroapplianceparts.com A big mistake I won't repeat, and I hope others will learn from.

nitroapplianceparts.com is like most other "low cost" websites offering any replacement parts (auto, appliance, etc). The idea is to lure purchasers with low cost parts, low cost shipping, and same-day shipping because everything is "in stock". It's all a sham. I ordered a replacement GE oven part marked as "in stock" and ready for shipment same day. My credit card was billed that evening. However, I was notified the following day that the part was on backorder and wouldn't ship for 1-2 weeks. When I called (after my reply email was completely ignored by "customer service"), I was informed that the part would ship from GE that evening and be at my address within 5 days. 12 days later, still no part. Repeated calls to check status were met with more delay tactics, such as "It's on the way to our warehouse; we'll ship it to you tomorrow" and "We'd be happy to overnight the item to you." Everything said in an attempt to placate me for another few days while the company did whatever they wished with the money prematurely charged to my credit card.

The last straw was when I called to order the exact same part I'd been expecting for almost 2 weeks and being told "we have one more in stock and can ship it out tomorrow". Such dishonesty is expected on the internet, but I refuse to let it slide. I immediately canceled my order and informed customer service of my discontent. Additionally, I informed them that I would be leaving reviews far and wide. Their response was a glib "Ok. Sorry we couldn't help you."

Stay away. While some transactions may go more smoothly, it's not worth the risk. Pay a little extra and go with a company that has good reviews.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2014 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/nitroappliancepartscom/internet/nitroappliancepartscom-Standard-Internet-Scam-Charges-credit-card-Doesnt-ship-item-U-1125779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on nitroapplianceparts.com