Complaint Review: nitropdf.com

• Submitted: Tue, October 20, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, February 24, 2010

• Reported By: ebenezer — Crawley Nationwide United Kingdom
nitropdf.com
575 Market Street, Suite 3625, San Francisco, California United States of America

nitropdf.com Cleverbridge Only use ONCE !! San Francisco, California

*Consumer Comment: Nitropdf products leave a lot to be desired...

In August I purchased Nitro PDF software version 6 to upgrade from my version 5.  I installed the software, but realised I was having problems with my PC, and transferred the program to another computer, luckily before the other one crashed, which made me have to reformat and reinstall everything.  I inserted the Key given to me when I re-installed the program, it instantly came up with a message that the key had been used once.  I emailed the support department to explain why I wanted to reinstall it, but they did not answer.   I then wrote snail mail to the head office in California on 1st September, but they have not answered either.    So now I am left with having paid for software that I cannot use, and the company refusing to even acknowledge my contact with them   WHAT A RIP OFF.   If you use Nitro pdf software it means every time you buy a new computer you will have to buy the programme all over again.   I have never come across such greed in all my life as this company

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2009 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/nitropdfcom/-San-Francisco-California-94105/nitropdfcom-Cleverbridge-Only-use-ONCE-San-Francisco-California-512114. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on nitropdf.com

Nitropdf products leave a lot to be desired...

AUTHOR: spc3rd - (USA)

I myself have had past problems with Nitro pdf software and obtaining adequate technical support.  I've found that even some of their FREE products, such as, using their PDF Hammer program on-line (it doesn't require any downloading) do not function properly.

In the case of the PDF Hammer program, every time I tried to upload and convert a pdf file, not only was the waiting time inordinate, but the system kept generating a dialog box stating, "We are experiencing technical problems" and then just blanked out my screen with some error message in the upper left corner of the screen.

I sent 3 email tech support requests to them ensuring that I attached the files in question.  All I have received from these people is the typical automated email acknowledgement.  These people certainly want your money...but when it comes to providing decent technical support for their products...good luck!!!  This is not the only pdf conversion software provider that markets defective products either!  I've had identical experiences with 2 other businesses as well.

One common theme on these businesses websites is they tout their products as being, an "Adobe Acrobat Alternative."   These creeps are capitalizing on the consumer's desire to find a cheaper alternative to paying $299.00 for Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard version.  Buyer beware!!