Complaint Review: N.M.E. - NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE

• Reported By: cullyann — lancaster Pennsylvania United States of America
N.M.E. - NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE
po box 9084 clearwater, Florida United States of America

N.M.E. - NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE phony sweepstakes clearwater, Florida

I received an 'Official Prize Listing' - notice it's a 'listing', not a notification.  I figured it was a scam, but called just to see what it was.  I was asked to decide if I want a lump sum of $1.1M or a yearly payment of $36,000+ per year.

I was then told that I would be sent 2 watches with a diamond at the top of each face.  Then came the magazine sales pitch.  I was asked what kind of magazines I like, but I said I don't read magazines.  This precipitated a verbal list of every magazine imaginable, as if hearing the names would make me order a subscription to 3 of them.  I said that I don't read magazines.  The man on the line then said "I'm gonna get my supervisor on the line" and I said, no you won't and hung up.

What bothers me is that he had my address and phone number. I realize he probably had caller ID, but my phone number isn't listed, so how did he get my address?

Anyway, it's a big scam and not a very imaginative one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2010 08:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-NATIONAL-MAGAZINE-EXCHANGE/clearwater-Florida-33758-9084/NME-NATIONAL-MAGAZINE-EXCHANGE-phony-sweepstakes-clearwater-Florida-601818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on N.M.E. - NATIONAL MAGAZINE EXCHANGE