Complaint Review: N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange

• Submitted: Tue, March 30, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 31, 2010

• Reported By: Fouargent — Baton Rouge Louisiana U.S.A.
N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange
16120 US Highway 19 North Suite 400 Clearwater, Florida Saint Petersburg, Florida United States of America

N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange Harrassing Phone Calls Saint Petersburg, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Why are you such an idiot?? Your MBA must be in KRAP!

I got a mail from N.M.E one day. The letter indicated that they were trying to reach me for some unexplained debt.  I called their 1800 number to figure out what it is. the person answered and immediately started telling me some stuff about magazines and winning millions of dollar by joining to sweepstakes. She was talking so fast that I couldn't understand half of the stuff she was telling me. She kept repeating some magazine names for me to choose and she did not answer my questions. I hang up the phone. In two secind, my home phone rang and she was again telling me all those opportunities I would be missing etc.  I decided to sign up for a couple of magazine since I was a loyal reader of Cosmopolitan. Their deal seem to be cheaper and reasonable. She transferred me to her supervisor and I signed up for at least three magazine and paid for my CC.  I was going to school for my Master and school work was started to pile up for me. I did nto have a time to look or read a magazine. I called them back up to cancel my subscribtion. They told me it is already in order with publisher and I had to cancel with the publishers.  Because I was trying to cancel, I ended up getting 7 different magazine and more. Of course diamond watch, money, free gas and all the other scamming gifts never came in the mail.  It is almist a year passed and I still did not have a time to read or look all those magazines. However, I was just giving away to friends  or leaving at the gym for others to take advantage of magazines.  Recently they have been calling my house number in odd times to talk to me and bothering me. I really need them to stop calling my house at weird times since I have a sick person in the house. I told them many times I do not want any more magazine and they needed to take my number from their database. They just do not listen. I really do not want to change my phone number since I have the same phone number over a  20 years. They need to bothering me with phone calls.  I am seriously thinking to get a lawyer to start a class action law suit to be able to shut them down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2010 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange/Saint-Petersburg-Florida-/NME-National-Magazine-Exchange-Harrassing-Phone-Calls-Saint-Petersburg-Florida-587451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on N.M.E. - National Magazine Exchange

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Why are you such an idiot?? Your MBA must be in KRAP!

AUTHOR: Ge - orge - (USA)

Only an idiot would fall for all this krap. I CAN NOT believe you have a higher education! Do you expect a real employer to hire you as an MBA when you are so stupid?