Complaint Review: North American Power

• Updated: Sun, April 20, 2014

• Reported By: Kmd — waterbury Connecticut
North American Power
20 Glover Norwalk, Connecticut USA

North American Power NAP North American Power electricity rate tripled in 6 mos. Stay away from them. You'll pay more then CL&P Norwalk Connecticut

Worst thing I did was to listen to North American Power in Norwalk CT. Electricity rate of .0699 $/kwh sounded good, so I signed up on the variable plan. In their introductory letter they quote..."competitive pricing" and "peace of mind"..."rate guaranteed to be lower". To be competitive with pricing I expected their rates not to vary to drastically. Boy....was I in for a surprise. My rate went from .0699 up to .1999 $/kwh within 6 mos. That rate hike tripled my electric bill. They blamed it on demand in winter, yet my rate started going up after the first month which was September. It wasn't even cold yet.

Because I was on the budget plan with CL&P my bill was not going up but I was accumulated a huge deficit which I didn't find out about still April 2014 (8 mos later). So now CL&P has increased my monthly budget payment from $377/mo to $582/mo. [continued below]....

Any ethical company would have notified their customer of such a drastic rate increase. Instead NAP never contacted me in anyway to alert me of what was pending.

I will blame part of this on CL&P for creating such a difficult electric bill to read. My bill always showed just paying the $377/mo, but no where did it HIGHLIGHT the fact I was in arrears and accumulating a deficit each month that grew to over $2,000.

Be careful dealing with any of these alternative electicity supplier. They don't care about their customer just their money.

I beleive North American Power is a MLM (Multi Level Marketing) scheme, so that should tell you what they are focus on....getting RICH at your expense.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2014 06:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-American-Power/Norwalk-Connecticut-06850/North-American-Power-NAP-North-American-Power-electricity-rate-tripled-in-6-mos-Stay-awa-1139843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North American Power