Complaint Review: North Hampton Ford Hyundai

• Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: DarcyLynn — Dover New Hampshire United States of America
North Hampton Ford Hyundai
177 Lafayette Road North Hampton, New Hampshire United States of America

North Hampton Ford Hyundai Service Dept. Doesn't want to honor warranty North Hampton, New Hampshire

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved

*Consumer Comment: Try another dealer

Hyundai likes to brag about their warranties and how awesome they are however, once something goes wrong they don't want to actually honor that warranty! I purchased my 09 Hyundai Sonata from Seacoast Mazda. I did not get an extended warranty from them since my car is still covered under Hyundai's manufacturer warranty.

After having my car for 3 weeks I noticed it was shifting hard when I slow down. It seemed the car was slamming from 2nd gear down into 1st gear. I brought my car to the Mazda dealer who sold me the car. They had one of their mechanics drive my car while I was in the passenger seat. Within minutes of driving the car the mechanic was able to experience the same issue I felt. He told me it was called "shift shock". I asked how it would get fixed, what would be involved? He told me generally if a transmission flush doesn't fix the problem, the entire transmission would need to be replaced.

Since my car is still under Hyundai's warranty Mazda couldn't fix the problem. They sent my car to North Hampton Hyundai who reset the computers in my car and sent it back to Mazda for me to pick up, telling Mazda the problem was resolved. Not the case. I drove my car off Mazda's lot and noticed very quickly the issue was still there. I called Mazda the next day who had me bring my car back to them and per Hyundai's recommendation, they did a transmission flush. One of their mechanics drove my car to see if the flush had fixed the issue, it had not.

I had to bring my car back to Hyundai, who now claims they don't know what I'm talking about. They said their mechanics have driven my car and cannot feel any issues therefore, they can't fix it. I find it pretty odd that Mazda's mechanics, my boyfriend, and myself can all feel the problem when driving the car but Hyundai can't..? My car is covered with Hyunda's warranty until 60k miles, it currently has 54,900 miles. It seems to me Hyundai is trying to do whatever they can to not have to repair my car, hoping it will reach 60k miles, and then they don't have to pay to replace the transmission, I'd get stuck with the cost.

They are the worst people to deal with and will apparently try to scam you out of any cost they can!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Hampton-Ford-Hyundai/North-Hampton-New-Hampshire-03862/North-Hampton-Ford-Hyundai-Service-Dept-Doesnt-want-to-honor-warranty-North-Hampton-Ne-848791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Hampton Ford Hyundai

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: DarcyLynn - (United States of America)

After working with the Service Department manager he was able to see there is an issue with the transmission and as of this morning, he has received approval to replace the transmission in my car. I am very happy with the outcome and appreciate them honoring the warranty.

Try another dealer

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

North Hampton Hyundai is unable to repair my transmission under warranty is all you needed to write instead of all that other crap.

Try a different Hyundai dealer.