Complaint Review: North Star Nutritional

• Submitted: Sat, February 07, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, May 16, 2011

• Reported By:Houston Texas
North Star Nutritional
Frederick, Maryland, Texas U.S.A.

North Star Nutritional Tainted Products, Horrible customer service, Ripoff promotions, Scammers!! Frederick, Maryland Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Soothanol Works

*Consumer Comment: Salba from NorthStar Nutritionals is fantastic!

*Consumer Comment: This Is A Ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Soothanol 2X effective

*Consumer Comment: Product odor

I made the horrible mistake of purchasing from this company. First when I received the product Soothanol X2 it was tainted with a strange smell that was just like gasoline. I tried some on my skin (I know, I know) and nothing happened at all. It was simply brown smelly water that cost $50.00!!

So I tried to contact them over and over and over thorugh their website and never got a response. Even though they were stupid enough to send a "read receipt confirmation." Next I tried the phone. What an idiot this guy was. Didn't know anything, I assume he was just part of a fulfillment house. But boy oh boy did he know how to argue!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and he/she would not come to the phone. They ended up saying send it back and "we will credit your money in 45 - 60 days" and also only if they "decide the product was bad." So I am suppose to spend more money sending it back in hopes I will get a refund on this gasoline in a bottle!!

I think I will just go buy some gas it probably will work better, be cheaper and I'M sure the gas station will give better service!!!

This is one terrible company. I am on several Health Forums and this company constantly comes up as a ripoff (As I later found out) so people, there are a million other supplement companies out there, just choose one you can read about and they have a positive track record!!

PS they hide behind "Dr Inglis House Calls." This is where a Dr. supposedly writes a newsletter stating all these problems people are having and then strangely recommending all North Star Products...Can you say Con men

Dancer
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2009 07:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Star-Nutritional/Frederick-Maryland-Texas-21705/North-Star-Nutritional-Tainted-Products-Horrible-customer-service-Ripoff-promotions-Sca-421326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Star Nutritional

Soothanol Works

AUTHOR: Melissa - ()

Hi Dancer, We believe that Soothanol-X2 is a wonderful product and am sorry to hear that you were displeased by the smell. We do offer a 100% money back anytime guarantee and if your refund has not already been taken care of, please feel free to contact me at melissaj@northstarnutritionals.com or 443-353-4030. I look forward to helping you.

Salba from NorthStar Nutritionals is fantastic!

AUTHOR: onegoodgal - (USA)

My mother has been ordering products from NorthStar Nutritionals for many years now.  We are both very pleased with each and every product purchased... especially their Salba.  Yes, it's a bit costly, but it's as great as they say it is.  It was very fresh and of a consistency that made it easy to swallow.  No product is going to help you if you can't get it down your throat and that's important to me.  Plain psyllium, for example, gags me.  Salba comes in a metal can that helps keep it fresh.  That's a very nice touch.

I can't say enough great things about this company and their products.  In fact I'm thinking about checking to see if they have an affiliate program so I can sell their products on a web site I'm about to launch.  At the present time I don't have any affiliation with them... but I'm hoping to in the future.

I'm sorry to hear that that lady experienced such bad customer service.

This Is A Ripoff

AUTHOR: bmed5963 - (United States of America)

DMSO is effective. But, do yourself a favor and buy you an 8 oz bottle of pure DMSO (less than $10) and mix it with a tablespoon of  DMSO with a 6 oz jar of Blue Emu Cream (about $14) or a similar product and you'll have something that is very effective and you'll only have about $25 invested in it. And you'll have enough to last you for a long while, too. Especially the DMSO, I haven't had to buy another bottle of that for more than two years.

$150 for a "miracle" product that hangs it hat on the same primary effective ingredient? Some people have no shame.

Soothanol 2X effective

AUTHOR: Diana - (United States of America)

I have used Soothanol 2X successfully for about two years to control nerve pain in my neck and wrist.  I agree that the solution smells of gasoline, but to me the smell is not very noticeable after applying it to my skin.  I love the feel of this product because it instantly causes a soothing warmth and relaxation which reduces my pain considerably.  The product ingredients are wintergreen, olive oil, menthol, limonene, cayenne, calendula, ginger, arnica, St. John's wort, ginger root, msm, emu oil and DMSO.  There are no harmful chemicals or preservatives.   All of these ingredients have been found to reduce pain and\or inflammation.  DMSO is an effective analgesic which also operates as a solvent to help the other products penetrate the skin to increase their efficacy.  Cayenne operates to reduce pain by decreasing pain signals from the nerves.  Since my pain is related to nerve problems and I respond well to DMSO and capsaicin (equivalent of cayenne), that is probably why it works so well for me.  This product is expensive, possibly over priced.  I have been tempted to buy the ingredients separately and mix them myself.  However, a bottle of pure emu oil is itself $39.  Buying all of the products separately would probably cost well over $100 and be time consuming and messy to mix. Although I would certainly get more than one ounce.  To me this is a great product and worth the cost.  I use it sparingly and only when I'm in great pain.  A bottle lasts me several months and is worth the cost in my opinion.
I have bought other products from Northstar Nutritionals.  They are aggressive in their marketing, somewhat overpriced, but many of their products work for me, so I continue to remain their customer.  I advise prospective customers to avoid SmartShip in case it is difficult to stop.
In conclusion, I would say that Northstar makes claims for their products that might be exaggerated.  However, some products are definitely worth the hype.  For me, Soothenal and ArthriPain relief definitely work as advertised.

Product odor

AUTHOR: Glindagood - (United States of America)

Hi,

I have not tried this product but was researching it at the recommendation of a friend, who owns a natural supplements store.

I certainly cannot speak to the other comments about service, but it's important to know that this product contains DMSO, which has an odor that is very much indeed like gasoline. I did not try or smell the product when my friend showed it to me and explained how it was working for him - but based on knowledge of that ingredient, it's very likely the product was not tainted or turned bad. DMSO has a distinctive and not pleasant smell.