Complaint Review: North Star Ranch

• Reported By: Igloo — Boyne City Michigan United States of America
North Star Ranch
Howell, Michigan United States of America

North Star Ranch Just another victim Howell, Michigan

I started with this company in April of 2009, and drove for them over a year.
I can't complain about the miles, only the manner in which we had to run them, They never said it outright, but the general overall feeling from the "operations" side was to drive the truck and make the customers happy.
When you did have to cook your logs to make it happen, "Safety" side would call you out on it, and if you tried to fight it, you were told that "All our freight is dispatched at 45mph to ensure you don't have to cheat your logs"  Which is total BS.

I had put up with the "hot loads" mentality enough, and refused to take a load that I thought would be unsafe /illegal for an on time delivery. The Delivery time I had written on the "envelope" was 7am...the "actual" time was 1pm. Had they disclosed the "truth" I may be working there still.

Since I refused the load, I was told that this action was grounds for termination. So, I cleaned out my truck and left, only to be told that if i signed papers saying I would be paying for any cargo claims or lost revenues from late loads, I could still work for them.

I never signed the papers, So it turned into a "quit without notice", which is, of course, a violation of another one of their company policies.

I'm now locked in battle over Unemployment benifits, and trying to land another job.

As the original poster stated, they withhold money from their drivers, and even though they say they will give it back, I have yet to hear of any driver getting their "performance bond" back after they leave.

This company is just as dirty as any of the big companies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2010 03:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Star-Ranch/Howell-Michigan-48855/North-Star-Ranch-Just-another-victim-Howell-Michigan-641274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Star Ranch