Complaint Review: North Texas Tollroad Authority

• Updated: Sun, October 24, 2010

• Reported By: Barbara — Plano Texas United States of America
North Texas Tollroad Authority
Dallas, Texas United States of America

North Texas Tollroad Authority NTTA NTTA - class action lawsuit for ripping people off with fines? Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: I never have

NTTA is running the biggest rip-off scam I've ever encountered! I'm asking any attorney reading this to begin a class action lawsuit.

First of all, there isn't an option to pay cash now when going through most toll booths as they have them blocked off with a sign saying "we will bill you."  Yes, they will bill you and also impose a $250 administration fee if you don't pay your .65 cent bill within 45 days.

Second, I never signed anything agreeing to their terms.  This is a financial matter not a traffic law.  They are acting like a credit card company imposing a ridiculous interest rate on terms never agreed upon.

When I tried to pay the bill online with my existing account it was a nightmare and I was unable to do so.  When I called their office I got nowhere with the guy I spoke with on the phone.  I was later able to reestablish my tolltag online and put money in my account, only to have it go into some black hole because I kept receiving bills and late notices.

Rip-off and scam is an understatement.  I understand they need to be paid for tolls but to forcing citizens to be "billed" and fined exorbidant amounts for small tolls and then have it go to collections and JP court are unheard of, unjust and should be unlawful!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2010 09:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/North-Texas-Tollroad-Authority/Dallas-Texas-/North-Texas-Tollroad-Authority-NTTA-NTTA-class-action-lawsuit-for-ripping-people-off-wit-654512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on North Texas Tollroad Authority

I never have

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Had a problem with the bill me later - should have paid the bill within the time span.  There is no contract for this - and as for the class action thing good luck. The only person who makes money in a class action suit is the attorney(s).