Complaint Review: NORTH TEXAS TRUCK STOP

• Updated: Tue, October 11, 2011

• Reported By: michael_malone — greenwood Louisiana United States of America
NORTH TEXAS TRUCK STOP
8321 RENDON BLOODWORTH RD MANSFIELD, Texas United States of America

NORTH TEXAS TRUCK STOP BUYER BEWARE !!!!! THIS COMPANY SPECIALIZES IN DECEPTIVE TACTICS AND MISLEADING SALES MANSFIELD, Texas

*Consumer Comment: North Texas Truck Stop

*Consumer Comment: Ford 6.0 trouble

*Consumer Comment: Observations

*Author of original report: If you close at 9 why was there not anyone there at 6:30?

*UPDATE Employee: We do not engage in deceptive practices.

On January of 2011 I found a Ford King Ranch 1 ton dually listed on cars.com by north texas truck stop. I read the description of the truck and the testimonial by the salesman, nathan. From all statements both advertised and verbally transmitted , this truck was the one I decided on...There was no hassel on the price, I paid what they asked because I wanted the truck. I sat down and explained to nathan that I am paid for the use of my truck in the work I do and did not need a truck that was trouble.  He stated , addimately, that this was a top notch truck and if there were any problems to call him and his company would stand behind the truck.. My wife, my co-worker and myself picked the truck up at 4 p.m. on a friday..The dealership did not close until 9 p.m. No sooner had we left and gone less than 15 miles and the dash cluster went completely out. I called the dealership at 6:15 ..no answer...turned around and went back getting there at around 7:00. Locked up.. I called them the following monday and explained the problem..Nathan said, " take it to a repair shop and get and estimate of repairs and we will pay for it." I did just that . When the shop gave me and estimate of $1230.00 to repair the cluster and the wiring harness to the #8 glow plug I had them call nathan. An hour later he called me and said, " well you know that when the truck broke you should have brought it back to the lot." I told him that they closed early to which he had no answer...The he stated, " well you know you bought and as is warranty truck, but we feel we can give you $500 toward the repair..." click. I got the $500 check.. Three days after the truck got back from the shop it began to spit white smoke out of the exhaust...Back to the shop to find out the "egr" miraculously gave up and had to be replaced...That was $1000.00. No help from ntts. One week after I got the truck back again it now still billows white smoke and black smoke and whistles... During all of this I was informed from the get go that this truck had a carfax buyback guarantee....To this day the dealership refuses to help me file the paperwork or give me information on how to file for the carfax buyback on this piece of molten crap..Way to go North Texas you have stirred a nest you will regret stirring before I get done..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2011 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NORTH-TEXAS-TRUCK-STOP/MANSFIELD-Texas-760063/NORTH-TEXAS-TRUCK-STOP-BUYER-BEWARE-THIS-COMPANY-SPECIALIZES-IN-DECEPTIVE-TACTICS-A-711227. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NORTH TEXAS TRUCK STOP

North Texas Truck Stop

AUTHOR: Nickh98 - (United States of America)

I saw a truck online. I called to have them hold it, Tim said no problem. I flew to Texas to look at the truck and purchase. They provided a service to pick up, they were straight up with me. I knew going down there I would need new tires. I did not expect the scratches on the truck but it is used, and that is part of the game. I drove it home 700 miles and the truck is running strong. I thank Tim and North Texas Truck Stop. I purchased a 6.6 dirtymax. 6.0 are bad motors, most dealers wont even mess with them. Your fault for buying a bad motor.

Ford 6.0 trouble

AUTHOR: Diesel Dave - (United States of America)

I am sorry to inform any person that purchased a used Ford 6.0L diesel that you don't need a crystal ball to know what goes bad on those trucks. I am tired of reading all of the complaints filed against dealers for selling these trucks from people that can't google before they buy. I am a master certified diesel tech and I can tell anyone that asks that an egr cooler is good for about 80k. If you like Ford trucks you can have all of the bad taken off of that motor and they are great, but don't expect the worst motor Ford ever sold to be amazing or blame other people for your lack of research.

Observations

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

According to the main page of their web site, they close at 7:00 PM.

You had the truck inspected apparently and agreed to the "as-is" sale.  Assuming that's true, they don't even owe you $500.00.

You can Google the Carfax buyback guaranty and see that it has nothing to do with mechanical problems.

It's too bad the truck broke but that can happen with any "as-is" purchase.  It's always a risk buying a car/truck with high mileage.

If you close at 9 why was there not anyone there at 6:30?

AUTHOR: michael_malone - (USA)

In response to your answer , that is hogwash...the company representative said that the dealership would pay for the cluster repair. Only when they found out the price of the repair did they recant and offer the $500. Your dealership says it is open until 9 pm , I called at 6 pm when I left then turned around and came back to a closed and gate shut at 6:30. Not only has the cluster gone out but the egr failed and the turbo has just had to be replaced .....Again... Now if you are keeping up the total cost of repairs made, before the second note has been paid on the truck, is $5400.00.  Oh did your inspection reveal that the truck had been wrecked or was the overspray on the rear quarter of the truck just a paint defect... Sort of sloppy inspection you have going on there... I have it all fixed now do you wanna trade...

We do not engage in deceptive practices.

AUTHOR: North Texas Truck Stop - (United States of America)

We do not engage in deceptive practices. Our business hours are 9a-7p as
posted on our front door ad on our website. The customer had a
pre-purchase inspection performed by an ASE certified mechanic. EGR
valve failure is extremely common in the Ford 6.0L diesel engine. The
vehicle in question had 154k miles on the odometer at the time of sale.
We have no way of determining when and EGR valve will fail. A gauge
cluster failure is a mystery as well, although we did compensate the
customer in spite of the fact the vehicle had been independently
inspected and an "as-is" statement was signed at the time of sale with
no warranties expressed or implied. The Carfax Buyback Guarantee has
nothing to do with mechanical failures. Please refer to the Carfax
website for details of their guarantee and proper procedures. North
Texas Truck Stop does not offer a buyback guarantee. We regret that you
had troubles with the truck, however, the truck was inspected prior to
sale and was knowingly bought with no warranties expressed or implied
due to the high mileage. We felt we went beyond what we are required to
do by offering you $500 compensation. We do not feel it is fair for you
to then slander our name after our act of good faith.