Complaint Review: Northcentral University

• Updated: Thu, October 07, 2010

• Reported By: Niki — Mesa Arizona USA
Northcentral University
Prescott, Arizona United States of America

Northcentral University NCU-What a horrible place to earn a higher degree. I talked to a "David" salesman/advisor" on the phone. He stated about 5 false things to me. Things seemed fishy and I confirmed it a few days later NCU-Northcentral University=Big rip off school! Don't do it! It's a scam company. "Advisors" really are salesmen, and it's so obvious! Please read on! Prescott, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Untrue

*Consumer Comment: NCU is Fine for Online!

What a JOKE of a school this is.

All I need to state is that the so called advisors that answer the phones are really just salesmen. I didn't realize then, got scammed out of my $50 bucks for the application fee, come to find out the guy on the phone "David" is completely wrong, doesn't know his job, and the education advisor I spoke with even confirmed that he was wrong! I want my $50 bucks back people!!! Ed advisor told me to talk to accounting to get it back. Well that was Monday...Today's Friday. No return phone call. Hmmmmmmm, you really think she's going to call me back to give me my $ back?? Nope...So I put a dispute in with my bank.

It's not a REAL school!

Don't fall for it!  It's all sugar coated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2009 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northcentral-University/Prescott-Arizona-/Northcentral-University-NCU-What-a-horrible-place-to-earn-a-higher-degree-I-talked-to-a-503431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northcentral University

Untrue

AUTHOR: Gary - (United States of America)

How can someone say a complete school is a "joke" when all a person has done is talk to one person on the phone. I am a student at NCU and I can attest that the school is real and I've received an excellent education there. This person will get their $50 dollars back and I'll say I'm happy he is not going to my school. Go somewhere else and continue you complaining there.

NCU is Fine for Online!

AUTHOR: Golden - (U.S.A.)

I have taken 6 courses at NCU and have attended or taken classes at about 8 colleges.  To me, they are all pretty much the same, especially the higher up you go.(Masters and Doctorates)  Online is "self training" anyway.  Unfortunately, most of these schools are very expensive and you have to decide if you want the piece of paper.  Frankly, I have good skills, and I find that I have had to work harder at NCU's assignments to maintain a 3.83 average. I am unfamiliar with the people who answer the phones because I have never dealt with them except once, and I realize, they don't focus on what you are trying to ask them which could be a real problem.  I have found the mentors (instructors) to be very good.  Plus the academic advisors, once you get in the program are pretty good.  Of course, I took a couple courses in 2003-2004 and re-enrolled in 2009.   It is fine with me, I want my PhD.  There are other places out there that are just as bad or worse. Unfortunately, NCU does have a habit of making changes in the middle of the semester, including raising tuition.