Complaint Review: Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital

• Updated: Sun, April 06, 2014

• Reported By: PAreporter — Sweet Valley Pennsylvania
Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital
242 South River Street Plains, Pennsylvania USA

Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital Add ANOTHER Disappointed, Ripped-off Customer to the List! Plains Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Not a Ripoff

I can also attest to the fact that Northeast Veterinary Referral cares more about money than your pet.  I was given an estimate which was thousands less than I was actually charged when I came to pick up my dog, with no advance warning or no update on charges.  We're talking I was charged $10,000!!!!  Yes, my dog was critically ill, but it was handled so poorly and improperly.  He died 3 hours after I brought him home.  I called the following day to voice my concerns about how the practice and services were handled and asked to speak to the owner. I was only allowed to speak with the "admin director."  I followed up with a certified letter asking the owner to call me and stating that if he would just hear my concerns, maybe he could better his practice and spare this kind of anguish on another person.  All I received in response was a return letter with an offer to discount their services a paltry amount.  I believe that is shameful, disrespectful, and proves the point that money is the driving factor in running this business.  I was charged $10,000 for 4 days of care after being quoted thousands less and the owner/s do not care to find out what went wrong??  I ended up disputing the amount on my credit card and, due to the documentation that I had, was credited back over $2,000 from just the credit card company.  It is a shame that the pet owner is held hostage because this business is the only one in the immediate area.  I have opted to travel the extra 45 minutes now to the next nearest emergency vet.  I recommend anyone else reading this do the same.  I was treated SO much better there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2013 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northeast-Veterinary-Referral-Hospital/Plains-Pennsylvania-18705/Northeast-Veterinary-Referral-Hospital-Add-ANOTHER-Disappointed-Ripped-off-Customer-to-t-1103251. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northeast Veterinary Referral Hospital

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Not a Ripoff

AUTHOR: Administrator - ()

I have been the Administrator at Northeast Veterinay Referral Hospital since August 2013.  No one with this kind of problem has ever spoken with me.  I have not received a certified letter of any kind regarding this type of issue.  Yes it is expensive to care for a critically ill pet but you will find our staff caring and concerned for the well being of all pur patients.  We see over 5000 referred case a year from over 150 referring veterinarians.   We can not save all these very sick animals but we try.  We are open 24/7 fully staffed for emergencies.  Our sugeons are the best in the area.  We certainly would be very concerned about a problem as decribed here.  I have taken over for the prior administrator and invite those with problems to contact me.  Thank you