Complaint Review: Northland Group, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, February 14, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: llswoods — Winnsboro Texas United States of America
Northland Group, Inc.
Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Northland Group, Inc. Failure to complete a negotiated settlement for a Capital One account and lack of communication Minneapolis, Minnesota

On December 23, 2011, Michael Polin (Negotiator for Legal Helpers, LLC) negoiated  a payoff settlement with Northland Group, Inc, the collection agency for Capital One. An employee of Northland Group by the name of Ashley Ayau sent us a payoff schedule that consisted of 7 payments to be made so that the negotiated settlement would be dissolved within a few months..up until June, 2012.

My wife and I paid every cent of the required negotiated settlement and in good faith. Then, in the summer of 2012, something happened that Northland Group, Inc did not claim the last 4 payments for our settlement, so that money was refunded to us. I have little information from anyone as to why that occurred..

There has been much trouble getting anyone to give us information about OUR money and WHY the settlement procedure went awry. Someone at Northland Group has told me that after receiving only the first 3 payments from us, Capital One recalled the ngotiation. When I contacted Capital One a day or so ago, the agent said there was no record on my account as to WHY the recall was issued.

I really expect someone along the way has misled us, and it has appeared that the agreement to the settlement has been violated by the other parties. I was told by Legal Helpers, LL -and- also Capital One that we would have to renegotiate now. WHY should that happen?

All we desired was to settle our negotiated amount with Capital One. This is a very sad situation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Northland-Group-Inc/Minneapolis-Minnesota-/Northland-Group-Inc-Failure-to-complete-a-negotiated-settlement-for-a-Capital-One-accou-1014218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Northland Group, Inc.