Complaint Review: norton by symantec

• Updated: Mon, July 01, 2013

• Reported By: dick e — Saginaw Michigan
norton by symantec
350 Ellis Mountain View, California USA

norton by symantec Active subscription, March 2013 spyware infection. Super Antispyware repaired for $200 in 3-hours. Where was Norton? Now popup announcing conflict, what's up? Mountain View California

Guess what folks, you really fell down on the job.  I have a subscription with you to proteck my computer and files.  Last March all hell broke loose, my computer was infected with spyware resulting in browser hijacking.  At least that's how it was described to my by the Super Antispyware people.  You were not available and I had no way to contact you.  I paid for protection and didn't get it.  This situation was corrected by one of the technicians at Super Antispyware within 2-hours but it cost me $200.00. My computer was usable within 3-hours and hasn't given me any trouble since.

What the hell is going on?  Now your system keeps popping up with an announcement that there's a program conflicting with yours.  Well I guess so.

You tell me what to do.  As far as I'm concerned you guys owe me $200 and an apology.  You collected your fee and failed to provide the protection. What did you expect me to do---wait?  My computer is a source of income which I have very little of as a 73-year-old semi-retired social security recipient.  I really think this one should go to 'Ripoff Reports'.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/norton-by-symantec/Mountain-View-California-94043/norton-by-symantec-Active-subscription-March-2013-spyware-infection-Super-Antispyware-r-1063513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on norton by symantec