Complaint Review: NorVal Electric Cooperative

• Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By: Disgusted — Glasgow Montana
NorVal Electric Cooperative
PO Box 951 1130 Highway 2 West Glasgow , Montana USA

NorVal Electric Cooperative AKA Norval, Norval Coop, NorVal electric Overcharge, Unscrupulous Business Practices, Dishonest, False Accusations Glasgow Montana

My house cat got chased up the power pole and was there for a week. I called on a Tues, Thurs, Fri and then on Sunday trying to get the power company to come and get him down for me. Finally on Sunday they said they would come and it would be a $300 charge. I agreed and they came out and got him down.

The next day the sheriff department paid me a visit and accused me or my boyfriend (I am 48 years old and my b/f is 72 years old) or my neighbor of shooting a power line 3 miles East of my house. The sheriff questioned me for over 30 minutes, made me produce my rifle, show him the cat and give him detailed information on my boyfriend and his whereabouts that day and the day of the incident.

They charged me millage both ways (100 miles at $1.25 a mile) when they were up here anyway. They waited to come and get him down on Sunday so they could charge me double time (they charged me 4 hours of time for 2 lineman for a job that lasted 20 minutes) and to charge me millage when they were up here for another call is totally unacceptable. T

he fact that they called the sheriff and accused me of shooting the power line down the road is just plain unscrupulous. Craig at the Glasgow office is unprofessional and lied to me about them having to be up here anyway and charged me $385 instead of the $300 I was quoted.

I believe that I should pay for them to retrieve the cat for me, but I do not believe I should have to pay millage both ways since they were out here anyway, nor should I pay 4 hours of double time for 2 men. As for them calling the sheriff on me, that is just down right unacceptable.

Craig is the manager of this Co-op Electric company and just keeps repeating it is not their job to come and get animals down off the power pole. We do not have a fire department in my rural area so I don't know who else would have access to those heights. The cat was dehydrated, and shaking, dying a slow death up on the pole. This is a COOPERATIVE electric company where I am a member, they are owned by the members and this man tells me the policy of the company is to leave the animals there to die.

On a side note, the cat is an indoor cat, and was chased up there by a neigbors dog. I do not have one tree on my property so the cat does not know how to climb up and down trees or poles. He had been there 7 days and was convulsing from the lack of food and water.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NorVal-Electric-Cooperative/Glasgow-Montana-59230/NorVal-Electric-Cooperative-AKA-Norval-Norval-Coop-NorVal-electric-Overcharge-Unscrupu-1062324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NorVal Electric Cooperative