Complaint Review: Norvergence

• Submitted: Wed, May 26, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 26, 2004

• Reported By:Elmsford New York
Norvergence
550 Broad Street Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Norvergence bait and switch, failed to provide equipment as contracted ripoff Newark New Jersey

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I know about the NorVergence "games."

In March of '03 we were solicited by Norvergence and as typical I told them we were not interested in changing providers. I made note that we used Nextel cell phones and nothing else was equal for our purpose. The salesgirl then explained that Nextel was a Norvergece "partner" and told us that along with the T-1 line and Matrix box, we would be getting 12 new Nextel phones every year, and unlimited Nextel service. We signed the contract documents which clearly stated we would be getting 12 Nextel phones. While the Matrix was installed immediatly we never received our phones. When I called to inquire, they told me that Nextel phones were on backorder. They tried to send me out another carrier's and I protested. After a few months they told me that Nextel was no longer a parnter and I would have to accept another carrier, to which I would not agree. I have forced Norvergence to pay my Nextel bills for the last year or so, but its been like pulling back teeth to get the checks. I also have not paid them the $180.00 that they charge me monthly for the T-1 line.

Unfortunately, I am stuck paying the almost $1000.00 a month bill for lease on the Matrix. I am trying to find out if anyone else out there got caught in this "Nextel" part of thier scam. I have contractual obligations with clients that require me to have Nextel units for our field personnel,and can't give them up. My only hope is that I can get a court to decide that Norvergence breeched the contract by failing to ever provide Nextel phones....the old...Bait and Switch.

Has anyone ever had a Nextel phone from NOrvergence, and if so, how are you handling the situation? I almost gave in to them and let them send me Sprint phones, but that is going to leave me with double the bills I had before.

Doug
Elmsford, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2004 05:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norvergence/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/Norvergence-bait-and-switch-failed-to-provide-equipment-as-contracted-ripoff-Newark-New-J-92994. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norvergence

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Walt - (U.S.A.)

I am an ex-employee with Nor"scam"gence, and I know all about the Fake Nextel scam. To my knowledge, NorVergence has not used Nextel phones in the past 2-3 years. The only phones that I have ever come in contact with, while employed at NorVergence, were Sprint PCS phones, and I was an employee there until recently (may5, 2004). Norvergence is so full of it, that almost 80% of us used to "run" to the bank on pay day, to make sure that our payroll checks wouldn't bounce before we got there. I say, sue the hell out of them for breach of contract.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds