Complaint Review: Norvergence

• Submitted: Thu, May 13, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, May 17, 2004

• Reported By:77007 Texas
Norvergence
550 Broad Street Newark, New Jersey U.S.A.

Norvergence: Unfortunately I Was A Hired Thief For Them HOW THE COMPANY RIPS OFF ITS CLIENTS Houston Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH NORVERGENCE. Every comment on this web site about NorV. is TRUE!!! thugs still owe me money

I worked for Norvergence and am not proud of it!

Norvergence is a total scam. I began to see that it was all smoke and mirrors when I was in training. Here is how it all began: First I get the phone call from a recruiter in New Jersey.

I am told that if I "qualify" for a personal interview then I will be notified. I receive a call stating that I have "qualified" for the second interview. At this interview, I am told that if I "qualify" for training then I will be notified.

I am subsequently notified that I have "qualified" for training in New Jersey. I then Fly to New Jersey and go through their training (and oh I forgot to mention that I was sent down 2 pages of sales script which I had to have memorized verbatim on the first day of training (If anyone wants a copy of these scripts, I will fax them to you if you request. Just be sure to include your fax #). On the first day of training, we had to say the opening script out loud in front of a trainer. If we missed more than 5 words in the script, we were fired. The first day of training, 43 employees were fired. Norvergence brainwashes you from the start of the interview process (and yes Patricia in HR you too are brainwashed (or maybe you are part of the mafia family that is running this scam).

During training, we are instructed on how to "qualify" our appointments. We are also instructed that we have to tell the prospects that they have to qualify for the Matrix Solution (which is nothing more than an Adtran T1 integrator that anyone with a telecom background could explain.

I made it through training and 45 days after reflecting on how I was scamming people, I left the company. My RVP (regional vice president told me this story about a client: Yeah, when I was up in New Jersey watching an install taking place, the technician plugged in a cat 5 cable to the matrix box. He then ran the cat 5 cable into the wall and back out of the wall so it would light up the matrix box. The RVP then started laughing as he explained how the cable was not doing anything but lighting up the box and that the customer was paying $500.00 for this service.

I will not be surprised when the class action lawsuit takes place. I am glad that I am now with a reputable company and am no longer scamming people out of their hard earned money. If anyone out there wants information I received in training, please leave your fax # and I will send you whatever you want (including the opening and closing scam scripts that the sales reps (called screening managers) use on potential prospects.

Sincerely,
Can't believe I fell for this scam...
Me!

Mark
77007, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2004 07:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Norvergence/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/Norvergence-Unfortunately-I-Was-A-Hired-Thief-For-Them-HOW-THE-COMPANY-RIPS-OFF-ITS-CLIEN-91272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Norvergence

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Jane - (U.S.A.)

I've reviewed all comments about NorV. on this website and they are all from employee's or ex-employess who are from different parts of the country. It is not a coincidence that everyone is making the same negative comments about NorV. I too was a thief for NorVergence. I'm am looking for someone/company to move forward in a class action suit.

I know Patricia G. she is most definitely BRAINWASHED along with a number of other employees who are just trying to keep a job.

Please anyone reading this. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH NORVERGENCE!!!!!!

Those thugs still owe me money. How is it that I sold 2 million in business and only paid $6,000 in commission.

I'm giving that company 6 months tops before they go out of business.