• Report: #1119817

• Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: Bill — Fort Mill South Carolina
Notus Career Management
222 South Main Street Ste 500 Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Notus Career Management JUST SAY NO---TO PAYING UPFRONT TO NOTUS !!!!! Salt Lake City Utah

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Worked it Out.

I was with a major Fortune 500 company for 22 years and in April 2012, my company offered a Voluntary Separation Package to certain employees. I decided to take it later in the year of 2012 but I was too young for retirement so I contacted Steve R. with Notus Career Management out of the Salt Lake City office. Steve R. said that he and the Notus team could get my current 6 figure salary and possibly more. He said it was their policy to get payment up front (That should have been a Red Flag) so with a projected 100K salary, he would need 10K upfront to begin the process. At least I wasn't stupid enough to give him 10K. I offered him half of it and if he helped get me a 100K position, I'll pay be other 5K.

Well now it's 18 months later and Steve R. and Notus Career Management had done the following:
* Reviewed the Resume that another placement company had put together. By the way, this placement company doesn't charge the client any fee. Once a client is placed, they get they fee from the employer.
* Spent 45 minutes with Steve R. on Skype explaining how to fill out the ENDLESS paperwork and spreadsheets needed to aid my search for a prospective employer.
* Steve R. spent 30 minutes with me with me on the phone trying to coach me on my upcoming interview with a prospective employer. Who I might add was set-up and orchestrated by another placement company that charges the employer the fee.
* Notus Career Management authorized me to use Sales Genie to research prospective companies. The thought was good but I was never introduced to a company in order to do the research.

Let's review what Notus Career Management has not done:
* Not one single phone interview
* Not one person to person interview
* In Steve R initial presentation, he said that the 5K would give me a team of Notus associates working to get hired. During my 18 months with Notus, I have only spoken with Steve R. after I had sent him an e-mail or voicemail message.

I estimated that during the last 18 months that Steve R. might have spent 6 hours on getting me hired. I offered him in good faith, a $1,000 ($166.00 an hour) for his time and expected a refund of 4K. Steve R. responded with a 5 page e-mail message explaining why Notus could refund any monies because in essence, I had dropped the ball by not completing all of , "Charting your Coarse", "Casting your Net", "Developing and writing Stars", "Target Assessment", "Ideal Environment", "True North", "Career Corporate Values", 'Ideal Building Exercise","Constellation Exercise", Captains Log", "Value Option Matrix", "Ability Enthusiasm Matrix" "Stars Brainstorming", "Complete the SIC Industry Codes" and "Augmented Reality Process." I'm sure I have left out alot of other exercises that Notus wants a client to fill out. To me, this is busy work so Notus Career Management can point the finger back at the client when nothing is done on their end.

If history repeats itself, you will see a lengthly rebuttal from Steve R. and Rhett Kasparian (President) along with a rebuttal from consumers such as "Tech-Girl" and "Perman Tech" shouting the accolades of Notus Career Management and blaming the client for not finding a job.

I can't speak to the other Notus Career Management offices and how they treat their clients. I know for example the office in Lake Oswego, Oregan is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau.  I on the other hand was dealing with the Notus office in Salt Lake City which is not even accredited by the Better Business Bureau. I did some research to find out what it takes to be accredited by the Better Business Bureau. There are eight principles that summarize important elements of creating and maintaining trust in business. These principles are:

* Build Trust                  * Advertising and Selling Honestly         * Tell the Truth                * Be Transparent
* Honor Promises            * Be Responsive                                * Safeguard Privacy          * Embody Integrity

I think it might say something of a business that doesn't want to adhere to these principles and be accredited by the BBB. If you want to see comments from other disgruntled clients of Notus Career Management, go to Ripoffreport.com or Yelp.

In summary, if a Notus Career Management representative contacts you, it's been my experience to hold on to your money. If they persists in contacting you, ask them this question, " Why don't I pay for services rendered rather than giving you money upfront" I'm sure that after this question is asked, you will not hear from them again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Notus-Career-Management/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84101/Notus-Career-Management-JUST-SAY-NO-TO-PAYING-UPFRONT-TO-NOTUS-Salt-Lake-City-Uta-1119817. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Notus Career Management

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Worked it Out.

AUTHOR: Bill - ()

After have a chance to talk to Notus, and becasue of the Professional way they treated me, I felt I should come back and repost some thoughts.

When I originally posted my comments here, and other places, I was emotionally charged and did not provide the complete story. In the spirit of honesty, and notgoing into detail, I did omitt some facts and made some comments that are not true. Although working with Notus did not work for me in the way I had hoped, it's clear their services have worked for many others.

At the time, I had alot going on in my life that kept me from fully engaging in the processwith Notus and I can see that this effected the lack of success.

Speaking with both Rhett and Steve I can see that they are in fact they are concerned with my experience and have always had my best interest at heart. I'm sorry for casting aspersions of Steve's and Notus' character based on my conversations with Rhett. Steve and I really did have a good relationship and he was supporting me all along, I was simply disappointed things had not gone as I had hoped--but I'm sure there was no intent to mislead me in any way.

At this point, I am comfortable with how things have been handled and I wish them the best.

glasses