Complaint Review: NovaCapital Financial Services

• Updated: Mon, July 01, 2013

• Reported By: Daisy — Timberlake North Carolina
NovaCapital Financial Services
540 Hot Springs Avenue, Los Angeles, California USA

NovaCapital Financial Services AKA Allen Newman Won 255,000 dollars in a sweepstake, recieved a check for 4,685.00 for processing fee. need to call this number to verify identity Los Angeles California

*Author of original report: Update to Report

*General Comment: Nova Capital Financial Services

I received a letter with a check stating that I won 255,000.00 . also received a check for 4,685.00 to help pay for processing fee. Letter stated to not cash until I called the agent to start processing my claim, but when I tried to call it isn't listed. Also the name of Paul Adams is also on the letter as Promotion Manager. Please, if this is a scam I would like to prosecute to the fullest extent! These things have got to stop!! I will hang on to this for evidence.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NovaCapital-Financial-Services/Los-Angeles-California-90415/NovaCapital-Financial-Services-AKA-Allen-Newman-Won-255000-dollars-in-a-sweepstake-reci-1063503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NovaCapital Financial Services

Update to Report

AUTHOR: Daisy - ()

I called the citi bank in Delaware as to the validity of this check and they informed me it was worthless. I did deposit it into my account but put a hold on it until it was verified. I received it back yesterday and it was rejected because it was counterfiet. This is stamped on the front of the copy I received back. I had written this company a letter stating that unless they made good on their information sent to me that I would prosecute to the fullest extent of the law and use whatever resources available. Therefore, since I've had no reply from them, I assume this is a scam and I hope all who received this claim letter and check will aid me in procecuting ALL involved. Not only the company but ALL individuals listed on ALL flyers and statement papers. Please use all resourses to alert everyone of this fraud before anyone else falls victim to these human "birds of prey" not only law enforcement, but T.V., the Internet and Newspapers in your area, so they can't move from state to state. These people need to be stopped and held accountable for their actions! Please help me find them, prosecute them and put them out of business and where they belong!!!! Thank you for participating in this effort in seeking justice for us all!

#2 General Comment

Nova Capital Financial Services

AUTHOR: 11418 Elm St Apt 41 - ()

I also received a letter stating I was the 2nd prize winner along with a check to be deposited to cover processing fees. I have not called Allen Newman nor have I deposited the check fearing it was a scam, but I will hold onto it as the previous person who posted stated they would do as well. I fear for elderly consumers that may get this in the mail and not understand that it is a rip-off and get scammed out of their savings. I hope someone is following up on any reports of this scam so that no one else gets ripped off!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC