Complaint Review: NR and Associates

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: mama21 — Galt California USA
NR and Associates
Maybe Modesto Ca 95351 Modesto, California United States of America

NR and Associates Matt White 209- 846-2613 Violated Fair Debt Collection With Threats and Insults. Violated Statue of Limitations and No Proof Of 13 Yr Old Debt Modesto, California

*UPDATE Employee: Inaccurate Information

*UPDATE Employee: Inaccurate Information

*Consumer Comment: Scammers

This company that calls themselves NR and Associates is as unprofessional as they come. I also have my doubts they are a true business as I cannot find out one thing about them.

A man who call his self Matt White is calling about a huge debt he says is from 1998 That is 14 years ago and not even on my credit report. I said that I don't know if the debt is mine and asked for their address so I can send proof of debt paperwork. They will not give their address to me and are not listed anywhere. They told me to pay or they will file a 1099-C Then they made derogatory remarks about where I am from, called me a "debtor" and set the phone down while I was talking so all the workers could laugh at me. They then hung up on me and when I called back the man said he would not let me settle the dept and that I "can see what he can do by filing a 1099-C on me. They still refuse to give their address so I left I message stating I dispute this dept.

I only have the name and phone number. Their number is (209) 846-2613  From my research I found out this is a number from Comcast in Modesto Ca. I did trace this number to Sonora Street in Stockton Ca. However the man has a southern accent.

This man and his company are rude, have zero manners, have no class, love to you yell, insult, threaten and hide their address like nothing I have ever seen. Their refusal to give me their address and lack of proof about this very very old alleged debt makes me believe they are a scam.

To be safe I have contacted a attorney who I am sure will find out their true address.

If anyone has ever had dealings with this company please let me know. I am sure they lied and abused you as well so perhaps we can do a class action lawsuit.

They also lead to me believe they where another company. I repeated the address I found on the Internet and said I was reporting it the BBB. They said okay. They never not once said that was not their company and let an innocent company get turned in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NR-and-Associates/Modesto-California-/NR-and-Associates-Matt-White-209-846-2613-Violated-Fair-Debt-Collection-With-Threats-and-924890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NR and Associates

Inaccurate Information

AUTHOR: Manager @ NRA - ()

All the calls are recorded are monitored. We have an employee that maintains and monitors all of our FDCPA policies and procedures to ensure that we as a staff follow them to the letter of the law. Our staff is not allowed to insult, use profanity, bully, harass, threaten or abuse any consumers. Our office is a voluntary company, no one is required to pay us, nor do we believe in harassing people to resolve their debts. We offer a resolution, a settlement plan, and a payment plan for the consumers who are interested in clearing up their old debts / collections.

We provide all of our arrangements in writing to ensure we uphold our agreement. We do not believe in providing our physical address to ensure the safety of our staff. We do however, offer several different options for communication with us corresponding to our PO BOX address, email, telephone, or fax. We in no way are attempting to hide or deceive consumers. We are a registered, licensed, and legitimate company trying to offer consumers a voluntary option to resolve their personal debts.

Inaccurate Information

AUTHOR: Manager @ NRA - ()

Scammers

AUTHOR: msmontecarlo - (USA)

This also could be a scam. I also heard about some of these scammers threaten to kick down the door to the victim's house. If I evee got in that situation I would tell the scammer " Go for it and then you will be greeted by my 9mm then the coroner will take you out of my home in a bodybag."