Complaint Review: nrs-collections

• Updated: Tue, December 15, 2009

• Reported By: nrsIsRudeToPeople — reedley California United States of America
nrs-collections
2304 Tarpley Suite 134 Carrollton, Texas United States of America

nrs-collections STEVEN GARCIA RUDE, SCREAMING, CURSING...all that from a manager?!?! WON'T let me file a complaint. Hangs up on me. Carrollton, Texas

a "Steven Garcia" i.d. #76 (according to him) spoke with me this morning. I returned a call from this # 800-386-7876, and this "garcia" guy was polite...at first. I told him this had to do with my mother, but her english is not that good. He told me to put her on the phone, just so he could get her permission to speak with me about this matter. She did. I then asked "garcia" to please explain what is going on. He did. He claimes an unpaid bill (at&t) is the reason for the calls. He told me the amount, date, and then just asked for a creditcard # or checking #. I told him to hold on, and started asking for a " written notification of the debt, which WE are entitled to per the Federal Trade Commission Fair Debt Collection laws," but then he got RUDE in the blink of an eye! He just started yelling over me, wouldn't answer anything. So I asked to speak to a manager because I wanted to complain, but "STEVEN GARCIA #76" flat out told me NO! He then said this didn't even involve me, they don't have to talk to me, I don't have rights to ask anything, and that I should put my mother back on the phone. The whole time, he was yelling over my questions. I then started to tell him things, direct quotes, from the FTC guidelines which only made him INSULT me by yelling, "You think you're smart? You don't even know what you're talking about! You think you know things?!? You don't know ANYTHING!!!" I finally just hung up. I then called back right away to file a complaint. I told the lady that I wanted to file a complaint, and that I needed to speak to a manager. She said hold on, 4 seconds pass, and guess who gets on the line with me?!?! STEVEN GARCIA #76, wow, what are the chances? All of a sudden he's a MANAGER now?!?! I told him that I just called, he cut me off AGAIN, he knew who I was. He then just started SCREAMING at me over the phone, and the las thing I heard this time RIGHT before I hung up was, "Fu!# you." So yeah, I filed a formal complaint with the FTC, then with the BBB, I aslo contacted another party so far. So please DON'T give up people! There ARE things WE can do. For a list of the FTC Fair Debt Collection laws, OUR rights, plus what they AREN'T supposed to do, go to this link:

Believe me people, the FTC WILL help you. They already know of this company. The more complaints, the better...for us anyway. Oh yeah, this is the other # they call from-->800-387-4533

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 03:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/nrs-collections/Carrollton-Texas-75006/nrs-collections-STEVEN-GARCIA-RUDE-SCREAMING-CURSINGall-that-from-a-manager-WONT-539246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on nrs-collections