Complaint Review: NSS Magazine Service Center

• Submitted: Fri, July 20, 2001
  • Updated: Fri, July 20, 2001

• Reported By:Santa Clara UT
NSS Magazine Service Center
PO Box 670 Newburgh, New York U.S.A.

NSS Magazines unauthorized ripoff charges

I received an ad for a free magazine subscription through my bank, Wells Fargo. It said that because I had just opened an account, I could get a free year's subscription. I read it carefully to see if it was one of those "first year free, automatic renewal" deals, because I do not participate in those. It did not say that I would be charged, and it did not say I needed to cancel at the end of the year.

Well, I never did receive the magazine at the correct address, although they did send it to my old address even though I asked them to send it to my new address. I just wrote it off because it was free anyway, so if I never got it, oh well. Then, a year later (on 5/14/01) I received my Wells Fargo bank statement. There were two charges: one for $29.95 and one for $24.97. It didn't say what they were for, but it did say it was this magazine company.

Well, I called the company and they couldn't find me in their records. I filed a complaint of unauthorized charges on my credit card, but my bank told me I had to call NSS Magazine and work it out with them. Now NSS Magazine told me I was receiving SIX magazines, five of which I have never even heard of, none of which I ever received, and they don't know about the charges because it looks like the magazines were cancelled. Right. So how come I have $55 worth of charges from them? How do I get my money back? I don't know where to turn, but I have DEFINTELY been *RIPPED OFF*.

P.S. -- The BBB doesn't even have an office serving the zip code of NSS Magazine Service Center. No help there.

NSS Magazine Service Center
1-800-927-9578
PO Box 670
Newburgh, NY 12551

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NSS-Magazine-Service-Center/Newburgh-New-York-12551/NSS-Magazines-unauthorized-ripoff-charges-5828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NSS Magazine Service Center