Complaint Review: NTB Tire in Montgomery, IL

• Reported By: Dean — Aurora Illinois
NTB Tire in Montgomery, IL
1971 Hill Ave Montgomery, Illinois USA

NTB Tire in Montgomery, IL Wheel Alignment Montgomery Illinois

I needed a wheel alignment for my car and decided to go to NTB near my house.  It was my first time going there and never again will i go.

The store manager Mathew C. Witz told me he would give me a special on the wheel alignment of $80.  I was there 7:30 AM when they first opened and didn't leave until 8:42 AM.

NOTHING was completed and Mathew refused to release my car unless i paid for the job that couldn't be completed.

1. He told me that he was afraid to remove the front screw because he wouldn't be able to replace the washer when removed.  That didn't make any sense AT ALL!
  2. He then took me to the back and said he didn't want to release the rear adjustable toe bolt becuase he knew it wouldn't reach for the proper alignment - HE DIDN'T BOTHER TO TRY...
  3. He then said that the rear bolt connected to the lower control arm was too tight and was affraid if he broke the bolt loose, it would "break" if not take out the rubber bushing. [continued below]....
..... - complete BS! it wasn't even rusted and i was able to break it loose at home.

I took it to the dealership and paid $100 and they finished the job in 1 hour.  NO ISSUES..  I told them about my situation and they said who ever worked on your car either didnt know what they were doing or lazy.

I feel i was RIPPED OFF by Matthew C. Witz becuase he refused to release the car if i didn't pay for the incomplete job.  He said that it took his tech over an hour just to "configure" the car....this guy is a complete idiot!

Don't ever go to NTB yet the NTB in Montgomery IL!

Below is the print report to show they didn't do anything to my car!

photo ntb-fail_zps839d5e3f.jpg

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2013 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTB-Tire-in-Montgomery-IL/Montgomery-Illinois-60538/NTB-Tire-in-Montgomery-IL-Wheel-Alignment-Montgomery-Illinois-1083883. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTB Tire in Montgomery, IL