Complaint Review: NTELOS

• Reported By: MEAGANK — FORT EUSTIS Virginia
NTELOS
JEFFERSON ST, NEWPORT NEWS, VA NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia USA

NTELOS LIED ABOUT PAYING OFF MY PREVIOUS COMPANY NEWPORT NEWS Virginia

NTELOS was offering a deal to pay off your previous phone contract with whomever you had it with back in March.

I took advantage of that. The man asked for my AT&T account number and all so that he could "pay it off".

He never said anything after that, just that i was all set up and have a great day! So i went on about my business, it is now August and i recieved a phone call.... from COLLECTIONS!!!!! stating that i have an unpaid balance of $500 from my previous phone company. I called NTELOS customer service and the lady told me that i was supposed to bring in some bill stating that i owed any amount under $125. I asked her if there was anything that she could do now that they sent my bill to collections while the whole time i was thinking that it was paid off?! she said no!

I am thoroughly disappointed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTELOS/NEWPORT-NEWS-Virginia-23608/NTELOS-LIED-ABOUT-PAYING-OFF-MY-PREVIOUS-COMPANY-NEWPORT-NEWS-Virginia-1080046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTELOS