Complaint Review: NTTA

• Reported By: Cindy — Plano Texas
NTTA
5900 W. Plano Parkway Plano, Texas USA

NTTA Fraudulent Charges for Hardcase Tolltag Plano Texas

On 02/27/13 I sold an automobile that was on my NTTA account and notified NTTA the car should be removed from my account.  Months later, I received notification that in order to remove the car I must pay $25 for the hard case tolltag.  Hard case tolltags were replaced several years ago with a sticker, thus I was not aware of this requirement. While I attempted to resolve this issue, NTTA continued to tell me that I would have to pay the $25 but could be credited if the hard case tolltag was located.

Having owned multiple cars, I returned all the hard case tolltags including a 3rd one that I thought belonged to the car that had been sold. I requested that this 3rd tolltag provide the credit that would eliminate the fee for the sold car.  Today, NTTA has a new story, claiming this tolltag belongs to another registered vehicle.  The only possibility of this occuring is either (1) NTTA reassigned the number or (2) I stole the tolltag!

I believe NTTA is attempting to extract a fee from me and is using a variety of approaches, with this most recent response being utterly ridiculous.  Since the NTTA has been restricted from charging the enormous late fees they were extracting from customers in the past, I feel this is just another way to charge consumers a fee for obsolete equipment. I have not paid this fee and need assistance resolving this issue.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2014 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NTTA/Plano-Texas-75093/NTTA-Fraudulent-Charges-for-Hardcase-Tolltag-Plano-Texas-1132408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NTTA