Complaint Review: Nuance

• Updated: Sun, April 13, 2014

• Reported By: FotoRick — Oxford Connecticut
Nuance
1 Wayside Rd. Burlington, Massachusetts USA

Nuance Nuance Communications Is Nuance Breaking the Law? Burlington Massachusetts

RUN - do not walk - away from EVER doing business with Nuance!  On 11/30/13, I ordered software called Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking 12 Premium for $99.99 (Item# N82E16832182201 online from Newegg.com (9997 Rose Hills Rd., Whittier, CA 90601-1701) and the order# was 178928836.  The only reason I ordered it was that the combination of the sale price plus a $40 rebate from Nuance made it affordable; otherwise I would not have purchased it.

After receiving the product, I mailed the rebate form, a copy of the sales receipt, and original UPC to Nuance on 12/6/13 and paid the USPS $5.60 for postal tracking.  The USPS showed it was received by Nuance on 12/8/13.  The rebate form said they would send the rebate within 8-10 weeks of the postmark of my request.   After not receiving anything, I called them and they said they had no knowledge of anything.  I sent a copy of everything to them and re-contacted them.

I called Nuance at 800-654-1187 on 1/22/14 @ 3:09 pm and spoke to a man with a Southeast Asian accent whose name was (phonetically) “Frizzle” as best as I could tell.  He said to call the rebate number 866-360-2343 which I called on 1/22/14 @ 3:15 pm and spoke with an American-sounding lady.  “Chelsea” said that it was in pending status and was just keyed in in the last two days and that I would have it in 6-8 weeks from then.  I have been emailing Nuance customer service on a regular basis asking where my rebate is.  Each time they say it will be mailed the following week but it never is.  Because I believe Newegg acted as an agent for Nuance, I asked them to use their marketing clout with Nuance to help me.  They refused to help me but I believe they have some “skin in the game”.  I would bet that if someone subpoenaed Nuance’s records, they may possibly find that they've received thousands of rebate requests but didn’t pay any of them (just my guess).

Let’s face it, most people will either forget about it or get tired of being stonewalled by Nuance and Newegg and just give up.  I don’t know how they can get away with this.  Nuance Communications is at 1 Wayside Rd., Burlington, MA 01803.  The rebate was mailed to Nuance Rebate, Offer# 13-79222, PO Box 540062, El Paso, TX 88554-0062.  It is now over 18 weeks.  I have sent letters of complaint to the Attorneys General offices of my state and Mass. and Texas as well as the Departments of Consumer Protection of those three states.  Finally, a seventh letter was sent to the USPS Inspector General's Mail Fraud Division.

Last year Epson tried to screw me out of a $300 rebate in spite of my calling, emailing, and regular mailing the company president, customer service, and the rebate center on many occasions over many months.  After the s*** hit the fan from these seven agencies, Epson phoned me to say the check was being overnighted by FedEx.  In my opinion, consumer fraud and mail fraud are being committed by Nuance and their rebate center.  If you Google Nuance and Rebates, you'll see many many instances of people who are being refused their rebates!  Also, the last time I purchased something from them years ago, they kept calling me even though I told them to remove my number.  The Caller Id showed them as "New Once".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2014 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Nuance/Burlington-Massachusetts-01803/Nuance-Nuance-Communications-Is-Nuance-Breaking-the-Law-Burlington-Massachusetts-1138566. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Nuance