Complaint Review: nuwave

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: Miss Chris — kernersville North Carolina
nuwave
1795 Butterfield Road, Libertyville, IL 60048-1212 Libertyville, Illinois USA

hearthware.com, nuwave, nuwaveoven, nuwave infrared oven BEWARE: Scam going on with Nuwave in returns, free gift p/h, and Return Policies: parent Hearthware LLC Libertyville Illinois

BUYERS BEWARE:

I ordered 2 sets of newave ovens with all the bells and whisles. The so called FREE items are NOT free due to the really steap postage and handling added to bill. They are charging high enough to surely consider it FALSE ADVERTISING, at around $ 29 per item to mail when the postage at most cost around $ 5.00 for it extra to send with it.  And they will charge you a high free for EACH FREE item, even though the cookware is exspensive itself!

I order 2 as I said.  I also ordered extra the 10 pc diamond GREENWARE cookware set that was showing at the time on TV.  It said to ask about it extra.  I did.

Instead of the 10 pc cookware set, they sent me a fondue set and 2 fry pans. One of the fry pans looked used as if it had been used!

I have called them for over 6 months now trying to work it out.  Each time getting a supervior who says to me.. listen to this :::>>  we wont take it back because in your ordering you promised you would not return it!"

Thats right.  when ordering, at the end, if you want it they say you wont return it will you. well of course if its the right order and not crappy most would not want to.

ANyWAY, I explain to them that the first rep taking the order kept getting the order wrong. I asked her for HER supervisor who finished the order.  BOTH gave me the same price and confirmed the 10 pc cookware set.  I told each I would not send it back "ONLY IF" the order was correct.  those are the terms I used.  Does that matter anyway the average consumer would ask I am sure if order is wrong by the company anyway...........

Still, Each time I talk to a supervisor they say they have to personally listen to the order recording and get back with me.  Of course they never do and I call later only to start the issue all over for same results.

THEY HAVE A SCAM GOING WITH RETURNS to avoid any or many returns >  I am pretty confident from my experience and seeing others on here with simular issues.

I am thinking of taking out a class action on this.

It's now been 6 months and i am no closer to solving it outside an atty.  I am not going to let them get away with it.  have gotten forms from BBB and the attorney generals office to fill out.

THIS IS BAD BUSINESS PRATICING

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/nuwave/Libertyville-Illinois-60048-1212/hearthwarecom-nuwave-nuwaveoven-nuwave-infrared-oven-BEWARE-Scam-going-on-with-Nuwa-1067535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on nuwave