Complaint Review: NW Relocation

• Reported By: sspc — seattle Washington United States of America
NW Relocation
Portland Oregon Portland, Oregon United States of America

NW Relocation dissapointing Portland, Oregon

was waiting to see if I received a tool box that was lost in my move (they told me they found it) before writing my final review.  It never arrived.

My last minute move began with a quote from Budget.  This is the first problem.  They are middle men who quote low to get the sale, then the bad news when NW Relocation shows up and it's TRIPLE the price.  The foreman was young but nice enough.  He spent too much time bashing Budget and not working with his men this I felt put them behind schedule.

One of the workers didn't speak or understand English very well, he needed to be supervised but he wasn't and this caused most of my troubles with them.  He packed my moving folder with all my necessary papers, passport and money that was near my computer on the counter.  Mind you his job was to pack the kitchen items, pots, pans, etc.  When it was discovered that the folder was missing, Dan(the foreman) immediately blamed me.  Saying that I was mistaken and often times customers say things like that and it wasn't true.  He was pretty cold and unhelpful until he suddenly remembered seeing the leather folder himself.  Then he softened his tone with me. Happily, they unloaded my boxes at the warehouse and found my folder.  This was very nice and I was happy to get it back, they corrected their mistake. But it never should have happened in the first place.  The real issue was not using common sense with this one worker.  He also packed two bags of garbage that was smelly when I opened my boxes.

When my items arrived, the delivery guy held my things hostage until I paid him in cash first.  He refused to take my items off the truck.  So I paid him.  then we were suppose to count the boxes to make sure nothing was missing, he refused to to that.  He then proceeded to hit on me asking to come back and make dinner for me and help me unpack.  I was disgusted.  Then around 10:30pm he called saying that he found a rug in his truck that belonged to me.  He said he couldn't bring it back because he was gambling and he couldn't leave his 'good winning hand' .  I had to get up and get dressed in the middle of the night to go get my rug.

In addition, most of my dishes were broken, my lamps were destroyed and my bookcase was damaged because it was never put in a box as promised.

Then finally, I called the office asking about my tool box.  Neil said he found it and was tying to reach me.  Mind you he was calling the wrong number. He said that they would put it on the next truck down here.  when I never received it, I called and I was told that they sent it UPS.  I asked for the weigh bill number to trace it.  I was told that they lost it.  so then I said I could still find it with the credit card number that was used.  he then told me, that he paid cash so there's no record.  You tell me, what business does this?  You be the judge as to what happened to my tool box??

All in all, 90% of my experience was negative.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 09:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NW-Relocation/Portland-Oregon-/NW-Relocation-dissapointing-Portland-Oregon-782880. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NW Relocation