Presidents

NYS Collection
8401 Park Meadows Center Dr, Lone Tree, Colorado USA

NYS Collection NYS Elite Bait and Switch Scam Lone Tree Colorado

*UPDATE Employee: NYS Collection Warranty Department

*Consumer Comment: Do you have a receipt showing the terms?

I have bought a few pair of these cheap NYS glasses from the Park Meadows mall knowing that they're cheap knock off glasses.  After having blown through 3 pair over a few months I let the sales person talk me into their "Elite" line.

The sales pitch was that i would get a Lifetime warranty on the glasses.  If anything ever went wrong I could take my glasses back to the store and trade in my old glasses to get any pair of Elite glasses for $15. I thought, ok, I'll do it since although I'm paying a lot more for the same cheap glasses, at least I'll get new ones for less expensive.

I went to the mall yesterday for the first time to get them replaced.  The lady at the kiosk says "Oh, well, we changed that a few months ago.  So, I'll do it for you this once but then you have to get the same ones after that if you want to replace them."

The very notion that they think they can do that is outrageous.  Its a classic bait and switch.  They realized the downside of getting people into their Elite line so now they want to try to change it. I will not allow this to go down.  They need to live up to their agreement or I will do whatever I need to do to file a suit. I would like others to go to the NYS store to trade in their Elite line.  You will get the new pitch and we can begin legal proceedings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 07:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/NYS-Collection/Lone-Tree-Colorado-80124-/NYS-Collection-NYS-Elite-Bait-and-Switch-Scam-Lone-Tree-Colorado-1095054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on NYS Collection

NYS Collection Warranty Department

AUTHOR: NYS Collection - ()

Since our inception in 1996, NYS Collection has proudly sold over 100 million pairs of sunglasses throughout the world. We stand behind each pair with one of the strongest warranties in our industry and strive for 100% customer satisfaction. If you are not satisfied for any reason our Warranty Department can be contacted at 732-429-1500.

Do you have a receipt showing the terms?

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

Those kiosks in the mall are nothing but rented space in the mall to sell junk. They typically are staffed by temporary type workers that have no authority to offer any type of warranty or guarantee. It is a high turnover type way to do business. No real store front and no employee with authority.

If you have something in writing from the purchase, then you have a shot at enforcing the original warranty. If you don't have anything in writing, it will be extremely difficult to enforce. The kiosk owners know this and that is part of their business model - offer junk with no warranty. By the time the consumer notices, they will be long gone.

I have nothing to do with the reported business, but am familiar with how the kiosk system works in a mall. Good luck. Next time don't fall for anything the sales rep says in those temporary locations.