• Report: #1061927

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: ITservices — Chicago Illinois
oDesk Corporation
901 Marshall Street Suite 200 Redwood City, California USA

oDesk Corporation oDesk FRAUDULENTLY charges your credit card nonstop Redwood City California

I have signed up with oDesk. I hired few people, during the hiring their agreement said that I will be billed on Thursday by 24:00 PST time. I had to accept the terms, type accept and review the terms.

Now, when I log in I see that I will be billed on Monday instead of Thursday.

And shorly few days later, oDesk randomly starts charging my card nonstop without notifying me. I did not authorize oDesk to wipe out my account without my permission and not the way we agreed initially.

oDesk response to this: "we periodically (means always) charge the cards for security purposes, sorry for inconvenience".

So, if I was on a trip and waiting for the payments from my clients to clear, and oDesk would just massivaly wipe out the account causing excessive overdraft fees, would they cover it.

Be aware of oDesk charging your cards "periodically". In 6 days I had 4 attempts to bill my card.

Im not trying to shirk payments to my workers, not at all. But I expect to be charged on appointed times in order to fund that account accurately. I dont want random charges on random days in the event that im out of state or have large business transactions to make outside of odesk. Its like waiting for your paycheck in order to pay for rent at an appointed date- one funds his account to make sure rent is covered for that time, but instead of being charged at the planned date, a landlord would come and charge you at random intervals and then evict you because for no reason at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/oDesk-Corporation/Redwood-City-California-94063/oDesk-Corporation-oDesk-FRAUDULENTLY-charges-your-credit-card-nonstop-Redwood-City-Calif-1061927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on oDesk Corporation