Complaint Review: oDesk

• Updated: Thu, April 29, 2010

• Reported By: Anonymous — United States of America
oDesk
4200 Bohannon Dr Suite 100 Menlo Park, California United States of America

oDesk - eSlavey + Steals your Money! Never work with them! - Menlo Park, California

I must say that I put all of my trust into oDesk, and now I have been bashed very badly by them.

One of my last Clients on oDesk, was not nice at all.
He forced me to work Un-Billed, (75% of the work on the Project was Not paid for).
I complied to his demands, because I try to always satisfy my Clients.

He and I had a fallout at the end of the Assignment after he gave me a ridiculously low rating for all the hard work I did for him.

Turns out oDesk sided with his false story, and now Permanently Suspended from their service.

The oDesk Team actually Permanently Suspended my account without even asking me 1 question. The never approached me about the issue.

I had to write to them about 10-15 times to different persons, to finally get to speak with the one in charge of my Suspension.

He had no care to actually reason or understand me, he simply keeps on repeating: "The decision is Final".

Now here is the Bonus of it all!

The oDesk Team stole my hard earned money!!!
They simply took hold of my account, along with all the money I earned in the past month or more.

I had 8 Job payments still remaining in my oDesk account!
I had not withdrawn them yet.
One of those payments was also a Bonus from the Client for me doing an awesome Job.

Why is oDesk outright stealing my Hard earned money?!
The money was paid by the Client to me, each payment for a Job excellently done.

Now oDesk is taking hold of my account and all the payments inside of it, because their TOS said they can.

How can you take someone's money without giving a good reason why that action must be done.

oDesk has caused me very much stress, financial losses and other painful moments.

NEVER use oDesk again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2010 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/oDesk/Menlo-Park-California-94025/oDesk-eSlavey-Steals-your-Money-Never-work-with-them-Menlo-Park-California-598385. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on oDesk