- Report: #1075623
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: oDesk
oDesk901 marshall st, redwood city redwood city, California USA
oDesk odesk.com, odesk marketplace quality odesk killed the business of its contractor redwood city California
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Odesk killed the business of its contractor (part2)
Just like a dog won't give up chasing his bones,oDesk won't give up my ID - oDesk once again suspended me in order to force me to submit my ID, and on their web, they claimed that ID verification is "optional". I don't understand why the heck oDesk is so much obsessed with my privacy.
If my hard work and profile is my private property, then oDesk simply transpass over and over whenever they want - oDesk is locking my door to force me to turn in my ID to them. Sounds familiar? Yes, as seen in those movies, gangsters point their guns to your head to force you to turn in your money.
I really think oDesk is actually a business from North Korea or Mexico !
When oDesk once again tried to manipulate its providers, it successfully turned itself from a Platform into a Pimp. Odesk probably has a motto that they are nothing but slave owner, dog owner, pimp, bummer, blood sucker.
Just to give you a quick recap. oDesk once suspended me for 7 months, with an excuse to verify my NAME by forcing me to provide photo ID, address, date of birth. Far earlier than that, my profile sometimes was secretely burried from search, job invitations secretly went directly to archives, messages never arrived at personal email. etc.
Due to my fight with oDesk, it set me free a few months ago without any compensation to my loss of time and income. It also means, during my suspension, someone else was getting something. As if it is not unfair enough, oDesk changed its ranking system to something called "dynamic" which made all my previous rankings become nothing, and I was top xx provider before that !
Now what excuse did oDesk use this time? "inconsistent IP", and I told oDesk a million times that I was travelling but those bums at oDesk probably never travel nor believe any providers should travel.
As a senior victim f**ked by oDesk, let me tell you the traps set by oDesk:
1. If you submit your ID, you can only work at one location, otherwise, oDesk will suspend you for "inconsistent IP". You can't work during travel.
2. If you submit your ID, some unethical bum out of nowhere will get that information and you will be a victim of identity theft.
3. If you submit your ID, oDesk patchs a hole in your wallet. Remember they check every of your single message of work, and they know your online payment information.
4. If you submit your ID, this doesn't have anything to do with solution to inconsistent IP !! In a word, oDesk just wants to simply either suspend you or get your privacy.
5. If you submit your ID, last but not least,oDesk have all your privacy.In some pathetic country, provdiers there have only 1 type of ID for everthing.
More and more theft reported in news. Someone's bank was withrawed from abroad.
But, if you are not famous, not in someone's way, you don't have to worry for a while, because I was suspended by oDesk each time when my business boomed and I got lots of projects ! I not only was forced to drop future projects, but the current ongoing projects!
I'm not the only person who had bad experiences with oDesk. There are buyers as well as providers f***** by oDesk. If you are a lawyer or reporter who is interested in our pathetic case with oDesk, please contact me. :)
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 06:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/oDesk/redwood-city-California/oDesk-odeskcom-odesk-marketplace-quality-odesk-killed-the-business-of-its-contractor-re-1075623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.