Complaint Review: Oak Classics Ltd

• Reported By: Paul1956 — Cibolo Texas
Oak Classics Ltd
6909 N. Loop 1604 E San Antonio, Texas USA

Oak Classics Ltd d**k Rosen Excessive delivery wait time San Antonio Texas

Initially, visited their store in the Rolling Oaks Mall and was interested in a floor model dining set. Spoke with the owner regarding the set about pricing. I was offered a discount given the model had a defect on the table top. I accepted the discount and provided a $500 deposit. Verbally at the time I indicated I needed the table quickly. The owner seemed to think at least verbally that delivery the following week would be possible, yet the invoice said delivery within 4 to 6 weeks.

It is now into the 7th week and I still have no firm delivery date for the dining set. Why would it take so long for delivery given the unit is sitting in their store... and I might add... likely accumulating more defects given the unit is sitting right at the store entrance.

Additionally, I have discovered their competitors are offering an upgraded model of this table for exactly half of what this vendor is charging. This vendor will claim that is an inferior product. I have carefully examined the product and find it is not laminated, not made of MDF and is solid birch wood. I feel this vendor is charging too much for what is essentially the same table.

I have sent the vendor emails. They have been non-responsive. I have had to file a chargeback with AMEX to recuperate the funds. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in addition to filing this report here. Interestingly I read another complaint about this same vendor on BBB that resonated with me... given the delivery issues they too were having.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2014 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oak-Classics-Ltd/San-Antonio-Texas-78247/Oak-Classics-Ltd-Dick-Rosen-Excessive-delivery-wait-time-San-Antonio-Texas-1133546. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oak Classics Ltd