Complaint Review: oakwood homes/ vanderbilt mortage

• Submitted: Wed, December 16, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, December 16, 2009

• Reported By: mad mom — NEWTON Texas United States of America
oakwood homes/ vanderbilt mortage
tennessee merryville, Tennessee United States of America

oakwood homes/ vanderbilt mortage my home is falling apart merryville, Tennessee

my home is falling apart, we bought a manufactured home in 2005 and ever since then we have had a problem from electrical problems to mold being found in the home. It is a 1998 model oakwood home, when we purchased the home we were aware that it was a repo, but at that time it was all we could afford.When we realized allof the problems in the home like the mold, we found old termite damage, and a large hole that was not covered under our master bath tub, we tried to contact the company where the home was purchased and they had filed bankrupsy.

We have found mold in the home a total of three times and recently our insurance company sent us a letter and toldus that basically they do not cover mold, they only cover the amage caused by mold so we would have to take a chance a tear down walss and pull up flooring in our house hoping to find mold and they would pay for the repairs, anyway the letter basically said that they would not renow our policy because we were cosidered a liability and because we had mold throughout our home, when I called the mortage company(vanderbilt) they basically told us that they had nothing to do with the insurance and we still had to pay the mortage on a home that is not fit for us to live in I have three children one who has asthma and I also have ashtma and migraines.

They did tell us that they would get us another policy, but.....it would not cover any pre-exsisting damages. I NEED HELP..................DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET SOME

signed mad mom

mailto:(((REDACTED @hotmail

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2009 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/oakwood-homes-vanderbilt-mortage/merryville-Tennessee-/oakwood-homes-vanderbilt-mortage-my-home-is-falling-apart-merryville-Tennessee-540535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on oakwood homes/ vanderbilt mortage