Complaint Review: OAN - Laurentel

• Submitted: Wed, April 07, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, April 07, 2010

• Reported By: notgonnatakeitanymore — New York New York United States of America
OAN - Laurentel
Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

OAN - Laurentel OAN Services Laurentel Hacked Verizon with my business email Minneapolis, Minnesota

OAN Service o r Laurentel is a Minneapolis based company that uses your email address to hack into Verizon and sign you up for a service you probably already have - in my case, toll-free long distance calling.  It will show up on your bill right below your normal breakdown of charges with the OAN logo below the words, "Other Providers."  At least if you use Verizon.  My charge was $8.43 plus tax - totalling $8.26.  I called Verizon and they said they cannot stop me from signing up for additional 3rd party services to supplememnt my existing service.  When I pointed out that I paid for a flat rate and did not need to buy additional long-distance service, they said, "Like I said, we cannot prevent you from signing up with other companies for additional service."  I then told them to cancel my account and that I was going to switch to AT&T and they very quickly credited me for the bogus charge and put a block on my bill so that no other future charges could be added to my account. [continued below]....
.....  Done deal - so we hope.  But why did I have to make this call in the first place?  Lesson learned: You need to call Verizon today and order them to put a block on your account to prevent other companies like Laurent from hacking into their system and creating this revenue stream for themselves. This is internet fraud, pure and simple.  It is only my business email address that has been hacked and that started a year ago when I answered an electronic birthday card sent by my assistant.  Moments later the spam erupted and has flowed like Niagara Falls ever since.  LAURENT or OAN is a criminal enterprise and should be shut down immediately by the federal government.  Where is the regulation?  Where is the blowback?  I can tell you where the anger is.  Sign me up for a class action.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2010 08:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/OAN-Laurentel/Minneapolis-Minnesota-/OAN-Laurentel-OAN-Services-Laurentel-Hacked-Verizon-with-my-business-email-Minneapolis-590393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on OAN - Laurentel