Complaint Review: Oasis moving - dallas

• Updated: Sun, August 11, 2013

• Reported By: Kelley — Ft worth Texas
Oasis moving - dallas
12200 ford rd suite 484 Dallas , Texas USA

Oasis moving - dallas Moving scam, bait and switch, budget van lines, oasis movers Dallas Texas

I called budget van lines to schedule a move. They informed me that they had availability amd they would contact me. They subcontracted with to Oasis movers out of Dallas after quoting me almost $2800 to move an inventoried list from Oklahoma City to ft worth. When they arrived they began packing and moving. I had to be moved that day. After they did some work he told me I would have to sign off on paying around $4800.

they arrived 5 hours late. They were supposed to be there at 9am and they arrived at 2:30. I specifically told them I needed a non-stop move and they agreed. At this point I had already paid budget van lines $900. When we arrived they informed me that they would not move me in until the next day because it was too late. (They arrived 5.5 hours late, not my fault).

As a result, we stayed in a hotel without our things and they arrived around noon the next day. [continued below]....

..... They demanded $5300 cash or money order or they would take all of my items. I called the manager who told me very bad things would happen to me if I did not pay $5300. They broke several things and dropped my safe. They did not follow my packing instructions and left 20% of my items at my old house. So we paid budget can lines 900 plus 5300 for a 3 hour move for two bedrooms, one living room, one office and a room of pre packed boxes plus 25 that they packed, washer dryer and portable hot tub. All of these were on the inventory list when I got a quote from budget.

after lap me research I now know that this is a fairly common scam tleaves the definition of extortion

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2013 11:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oasis-moving-dallas/Dallas-Texas-75234/Oasis-moving-dallas-Moving-scam-bait-and-switch-budget-van-lines-oasis-movers-Dalla-1074858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oasis moving - dallas