Complaint Review: Oasis Travel Club

• Submitted: Wed, August 17, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, August 17, 2005

• Reported By:Kirklin Indiana
Oasis Travel Club
2408 Howland Blvd Deltona, Florida U.S.A.

Oasis Travel Club I was taken! Have contacted BBB, FL Att. General and Dept of Consumer Services! ripoff Deltona Florida

I was contacted by Oasis Travel Club in June 2005. I approved a one time debit from my bank account of $319.00. I was told I would receive a packet within 3 weeks explaining the details of the trip. I called when the money was debited (July 15) from my account - around July 17 - and was told I would receive the packet within 3 weeks of the debit.

I called Oasis again on August 11 and was told I would not receive the packet until 3 weeks from the "debit confirmation date" which they show as July 31. I called again today, on August 17 and was told "they had an overwhelming amount of packets to be shipped and mine would be shipped by Friday or Saturday". Oasis has refused to supply me with a UPS tracking number as they promised in the original phone call. I was also told that you do not have the choice to cancel the packet within 30 days. "Once you receive the packet, it is yours, you do not get your money back" from Patrick Brown at Oasis Travel Club.

I am filing a complaint with my bank for reimbursement.

Monica
Kirklin, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2005 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oasis-Travel-Club/Deltona-Florida-32729/Oasis-Travel-Club-I-was-taken-Have-contacted-BBB-FL-Att-General-and-Dept-of-Consumer-S-153967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oasis Travel Club