Complaint Review: Oattravel.com Alan E. Lewis

• Updated: Mon, March 31, 2014

• Reported By: Traveler — Thousand Oaks California
Oattravel.com Alan E. Lewis
347 Congress Street Boston, Massachusetts USA

Oattravel.com Alan E. Lewis OverSeasAdventureTravel Misrepresentation of Airfare - Ultimate Galapagos & Ecuador's Amazon Wilds Boston Massachusetts

This complaint is due to nondisclosure for expense incurred on a many thousand dollar trip planned for 2015.  This company makes you pay in full well in advance of your travel.  When discussing arranging our own airfare, we were promised that both the $1400. fee OATTravel charged for airfare, plus the part of the $898. "airfare insurance" would be quickly and easily refunded to my account should we make our own Outbound and Return arrangements.

We just made our own air arrangements, only to be told today that there was a non-disclosed $200. fee for air travel within South America.  We asked specifically about any fees or withholds of the $1400., as we were pretty sure on booking that as soon as we could we would make our our arrangements for arriving and leaving South America.

I have no problem with the fee charge for the travel within South America EXCEPT this is our first trip with this company, and they (Latanya Ramirez, customer service) out and out refused to refund the entire airfare charge as they promised, PLUS the timliness and manner in which the portion of the charges they are refunding is occurring leaves much to be desired.

I was going to write a letter to the Management Representative who presented his company as "above" this type of mistake/nondisclosure to hear how he addresses this issue (I heard his sales pitch to a room of several thousand in Woodland Hills in February), but I feel this is a forum that can warn others about less than adequate customer treatment.  To heck with the $200., this company just lost any future business or business referrals from me due to this lack of concern or client appreciation.

After my February 2015 trip, I'm hoping that I can follow-up on this Ripoff Report with something positive.  Otherwise, this can be taken as more of a warning than just misrepresentation and nondisclosure in the sales process.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2014 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Oattravelcom-Alan-E-Lewis/Boston-Massachusetts-02210/Oattravelcom-Alan-E-Lewis-OverSeasAdventureTravel-Misrepresentation-of-Airfare-Ultima-1135041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Oattravel.com Alan E. Lewis