Complaint Review: Obexer's Boat Company

• Submitted: Fri, August 23, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, August 23, 2013

• Reported By: Unhappy Adventure Smith Exploration Customer — San Francisco California
Obexer's Boat Company
8080 West Lake Blvd Homewood, California USA

Obexer's Boat Company Avoid Obexer's Boat Company and Market--they are thieves Homewood California

Obexer's Marina Boat Company and Market have really done downhill.  I used to come to the West Shore as a kid and loved the old Tahoe atmosphere---until I was severally riped off having Obexer's do a minor boat repair.

We rented a home for a week in Tahoe, brought our boat and had high hopes for the week.

Our boat broke down, we were towed to Obexers as that is where the tower said he had to go--we wanted to go to Tahoe City.

Obexer's took two days to do a repair to the fuel hose, said they had to replace it, blah, blah, blah....  Next thing I know is that my bill is over $1,000 and they charged me for storage!!!!!

When I returned to San Francisco, my regular boat repair guy reviewed the work and said that Obexer's only did a patch repair--I was furious.

I contacted the guy I worked with there, Jim, and he basically told me to not come back.  Really rude, I remember him spitting while he talked with me before.

I will dispute the charge on my credit card.

Avoid Obexers...over priced...a complete rip off.  Made our Tahoe trip bad.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2013 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Obexers-Boat-Company/Homewood-California-96141/Obexers-Boat-Company-Avoid-Obexers-Boat-Company-and-Market-they-are-thieves-Homewood-C-1078496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Obexer's Boat Company