Complaint Review: obituary.us.org

• Updated: Wed, October 09, 2013

• Reported By: Peter — Englewood Florida
obituary.us.org
Internet USA

obituary.us.org obituary.us.org FRAUDULENT!!! Do not give them credit card info! Internet

I was looking for an obituary for an old friend.  This website went to great lengths to give the ruse that they were downloading info form multiple sources.  They responded by saying that they had the complete report.  All I had to do was pay $1.00 via credit card, which I did.

After paying, They told me the were unable to retrieve any information, and instead, they gave me a link to vital statistics for my county, where I could find and purchase the report for an additional fee.

I then found out that I had been charged $14.95 on a recurring monthly fee on my credit card.  After calling my credit card company, they put me on a three-way call with this company, who claimed to reverse the credit card transaction.   I have yet to receive a refund on my credit card.

I would avoid this website like the plague!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2013 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/obituaryusorg/internet/obituaryusorg-obituaryusorg-FRAUDULENT-Do-not-give-them-credit-card-info-Inter-1090724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on obituary.us.org