Complaint Review: Ocean Hills Recovery

• Reported By: Mike — San Diego California United States of America
Ocean Hills Recovery
33402 Palo Alto Street Dana Point, California United States of America

Ocean Hills Recovery Ocean Hills Stole $3,500 From Me Dana Point, California

I stayed at Ocean Hills Recovery in November 2009.  I went in because I was struggling with a drug and alcohol addiction.  My stay there was very helpful and actually changed my life and I am thankful to be sober still.

Although I am grateful for many of the people I met while in treatment, the fact remains that the services that were and still are advertised on their website were not provided.  Many of the events on the schedule never happened.  They had told me on the phone that I would be meeting with a psychiatrist throughout my stay.  I was only able to see him, and that was after complaining.  I was told that I would be able to meet with a counselor once a week.  I only meet with the counselor twice during my entire stay.

I paid $7500 for my 30 day treatment in full before checking in.  I had coverage under my health insurance for $3,500.  The administration at Ocean Hills offered to "help" me file the insurance claim.  They filed the claim, collected the $3,500 from my insurance company and then kept it, even though they were already paid.

Additionally, the continued to lie to me for several months about getting the money from the insurance company.  Finally, I spoke with the insurance company and confirmed that they had cashed the check months earlier.

If you are struggling with an addiction, please get help.  It's hard to get sober, but it's worth it.  Just don't go to Ocean Hills.  There are tons of other places you can go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2012 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocean-Hills-Recovery/Dana-Point-California-92629/Ocean-Hills-Recovery-Ocean-Hills-Stole-3500-From-Me-Dana-Point-California-823044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocean Hills Recovery