Complaint Review: Ocean State Job Lot

• Reported By: Joeithaca00 — Clinton Connecticut USA
Ocean State Job Lot
90 West Main Street Clinton, Connecticut United States of America

Ocean State Job Lot Deceptive Return Policy Clinton, Connecticut

*Author of original report: Corporate made it right

October 25, 2009 at approximately 2PM I went to Ocean State Job lot and purchased a 30X50 tarp for $109.99. Upon bringing it to the register I spoke with two clerks at the register, I inquired on the return policy for the tarp as I was uncertain as to the exact dimensions that I would need and knew that it would be impossible to get the item pack into the original packaging given that the product is sold vacuum packed. I was told that the item was returnable and it was confirmed that it would be impossible to have the item repackaged but if I had the original packaging it would be taken back. So I agreed to purchase the tarp.

Upon opening the item it quickly becomes aparent that this tarp is 5 feet too wide. So I refolded the tarp and was unable to get it back into the bag, as predicted by myself and confirmed by the clerk. I quickly race back to the store to trade out the tarp and get the replacement. The manager comes over and says that he won't take back the item as it needs to be in its original container. I confirmed the conversation that I had with the two clerks prior to me buying the tarp, fortunately they were both still working, he rudely states that he can't accept the tarp and acknowledges that it couldn't fit back in the bag.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2009 01:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ocean-State-Job-Lot/Clinton-Connecticut-06413/Ocean-State-Job-Lot-Deceptive-Return-Policy-Clinton-Connecticut-514646. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ocean State Job Lot

Corporate made it right

AUTHOR: Joeithaca00 - (USA)

A day after writing my initial complaint and an email to Ocean State Job lot, I was helped through the process by their corporate offices. I found the woman at corporate to be extremely helpful, she went through the effort of contacting the store manager, the assistant manager, and the regional manager. I'm very appreciative of her effort, though I feel that it never should have gotten to that point, but in the end I was able to return the tarp.

I'll still shop at Ocean State Job lot, but I'll probably avoid the Clinton location for a while.

Also, as a side note, the Companies do read these reports...